Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any CH sufferers in Texas? (Read 5668 times)
ihatech
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Tomball, TX
Any CH sufferers in Texas?
Sep 25th, 2012 at 1:02pm

Are there any CH sufferers in Texas?

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Re: Any CH sufferers in Texas?
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 1:30pm

Indeed...there are several I know of down there. Hopefully they will chime in here.....

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

CH Keith
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 3:32pm

I'm a sufferer in the northern part of Garland, in the DFW area.

Problem with Texas is it's so big, you might find fellow sufferers, but they are still hours away.  Good luck.

IP Logged

Design_by_Cluster
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 6:53pm

Lubbock here. I know of several sufferers in Tejas.

IP Logged

Tim in Texas
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Kerrville Texas
Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:29pm

Kerrville here 60 mi NW of San Antonio), and my boss has them too. Before we try something like this, think about it first. Lemme set the scene- We manage to gather 300 RSVP's, and rent a Banquet room somewhere we all agree upon. Most likely everyone would be staying at the hotel. Two scenerios here 1. 200 people have an attack almost at the same time. Could you imagine? People walking the devil, the sound of shaking pill bottles (by the way...why do we do that? Like we get caught out in the rain), people rolling on the floor, people administering injections, etc. It would look like a battlefield triage. 2. (This one would be funny to look at on the security cameras the next day) Since most of us would be most likely staying at the hotel....imagine what the hallways would look like between 1-4 AM? Yeah Night of the Living Dead. The hotel staff would think we were all a bunch of extras in a Zombie movie shoot!
So we need to put some thought in it if we do decide to gather. We would have to cap it at say 12?
I dunno, just food for thought. (And it was kinda funny to imagine)

IP Logged

godithurts
CH.com Newbie

That's LB, my JRT

Grapevine, TX
Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2013 at 12:54pm

I'm from the DFW area and am open to meeting other Clusterheads for lunch on the weekend. I'd like to hear how you fight this battle in person.

El Fenix in Grapevine may be a good place to meet. A time between the lunch and dinner crowds, say 2 PM would be good. PM me if you're interested.

I haven't asked her, but I'm pretty sure my wife will join me. El Fenix has really good Tex-Mex.

Ron
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2013 at 12:55pm by godithurts »  

IP Logged

vlarg
CH.com Newbie

Austin, TX
Reply #6 - May 18th, 2013 at 3:19pm

just moved to austin.

heyitsbarry  
IP Logged

Dixie19
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Houston suburbs
Reply #7 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 10:18am

I'm new here, but am in the North Houston/Woodlands area.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 8:51am

I just saw this.. I'm from up around Texarkana (Red Hill - out in the boondocks).. Looks like we're all scattered out..

We've got several more in the DFW area that haven't chimed in that I know of.

And several in the Houston Area.

Maybe we can get a TX meet and Greet together.. We were doing that about once a year for a while in the DFW area - it's sorta central. We've got some in McAllen and Abilene and Austin and all around. DJ even showed up for a few of them.

Ya'll think about a good time and I'll be there (try not to miss a get together of Clusterheads - it's just an experience you DO NOT want to miss).  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

ihatech
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Tomball, TX
Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 7:30am

Thanks for the responses to my inquiry.  My husband is actually the CH sufferer and we live in Tomball.  Tim in Texas' scenario is funny - that made me laugh - Thanks!  I am interested to know how it went at the Las Vegas gathering and if any of the behaviors that Tim described happened.  Not sure how we could pull this off state wide since it is such a big area.  It might need to be a more by-region (for lack of a better term) type gathering.  We would definitely like to try to meet up with the sufferers in Houston and surrounding area since we are in Tomball.  Maybe it could happen after the holidays.  I'm open to all suggestions as my husband's CH has ramped up again Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!