Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to board with CH (Read 753 times)
Monroe
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New to board with CH
Nov 14th, 2012 at 8:55am

My name is Shawn from ky. Been a ch sufferer for30yrs. Does anyone get stinging at the start of one and then it just goes haywire? I'm on verap. 360 2x daily and seems to cut them down about 25% but that is the only relief I have found any other suggest. I have tried litterally everything.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: New to board with CH
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2012 at 9:37am

Have you tried oxygen at a high flow rate with a non re breather mask? I abort in about 6-8 minutes, that's from onset to completely pain free. Has all but eliminated my use of any other abortives.

I use lithium as my prevent while on cycle, at 1200 mg it blocks 60-70% of my attacks. I'm also on the Batch regimen, the Vitamin D therapy you see so many talking about on the board. Been kin remission for 2.5 years since going on the Batch Regimen. Longest remission in 35 years.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Re: New to board with CH
Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2012 at 10:04am

And if you haven't tried oxygen above 15 lpm with the O2ptimask you can buy here, you owe it to yourself. I cannot believe how much better oxygen works when I'm not struggling with a crappy non-rebreather. Seriously, buy it now!   Smiley

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!