Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Maybe i am not crazy after all (Read 2016 times)
chronic cluster boy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Maybe i am not crazy after all
Dec 16th, 2012 at 10:15pm

i am so glad that i happened to stumble across this site. now i don't have to feel alone and misunderstood or accused of being a pill shopper doctor hopper. i have had chronic cluster headaches for seven years now my days range from mild one or two attacks a day to up to 6 of the most horrible life affecting clusters a day with very little success in treatments I've have had so many er doctors tell me it was all in my head nothing is wrong  you are just here for pain pills...ect that went on for the first four years i have alienated my family to the point where everyone is afraid to be around me or has the feeling of walking on egg shells around me i cant tell you how many days and nights I've set up rocking myself screaming crying pacing begging for someone to just end it and put me out of my misery i use to have such a wonderful social life friends a job everything you could want out of life until 2005 when my whole world changed i lost my house my job my friends nobody understood how i could go from being so kind sweet and full of life to a shut in in a blacked out room that i'm afraid to leave if i go out then its almost an automatic i'm gonna get a whopper looking like a freak with a swollen eye and just one eye tearing up and running down my face so much so it has giving me G.A.D and S.A.D for fear of what people think or are saying when they see a grown man crying like a baby or stuck on the side of the road because i can no longer see to drive this site has given me a lot of hope that maybe i'm not crazy maybe i can make it threw maybe one day i will be able to have my life again I've been reading all the post and letter for the past couple days just balling my eyes out that after so long of feeling alone and like I'm the crazy one or i should just be able to suck it up to find out that there are others like me a lot of others thank everyone so much for sharing there stories on here it really is a life saving website!

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Maybe i am not crazy after all
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 12:47am

Hi and welcome

You've found a place where people really do understand what it's like to have CHs.

Where are you in the world? Adding this information can help us give more focussed information, especially with people here from all over the world.

What are you using for preventing CHs and for aborting them? You only mentioned pain pills, which are normally not the best option.

Keep reading the site, you'll find out a huge amount about CH and how to deal with it.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 9:11am

Welcome to the board Chronic. Sadly the ER is NOT a place to get help for CH. CH requires a very patient and methodical approach, determining what prevent is most effective and at what dosing, determining how and when to use abortives etc. It is NOT a condition you can be reactive with, it rewuires you being VERY pro-active.

What area of the world are you from? We need to get you into a doc who knows CH and can get you some help.

Glad you found us.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 5:00pm

Hi ch cluster boy  glad you found use this place saved my life read read read

IP Logged

chronic cluster boy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 6:14am

thank you all, i live in Metropolis, IL USA.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 9:00am

These are the docs listed for the Illinois area that other CH'ers have recommended:

Illinois

Aurora:
Dr. Karen Burgner (PCP)
Dreyer Medical Clinic

Chicago:
Diamond Headache Clinic
Dr. Robert Wright
University Neurologists

Glenview:
Dr. Thomas Freedom
NorthShore - Glenbrook Hospital

Highland Park:
Dr. Trupti Gokani
North Suburban Wellness

Northbrook:
Dr. Lawrence Robbins
Robbins Headache Clinic

Any of these near you???

Joe

IP Logged

chronic cluster boy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 1:08pm

im southern illinois near kentucky all those are northern il sub of chicago thanks

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 3:23pm

Any closer????

Kentucky:

Crestview Hills:
Dr. John B. Kelly
Neuroscience Associates of Northern Kentucky

Madisonville:
Dr. Tim McGhee
MultiCare

Joe

IP Logged

Joe S.
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 1:43pm

Chronic Cluster Boy:  I also have just found this site. Lots of good information.  I am 62 and live in East Peoria, IL.  Here is a doctor that can help you:  Dr. Howard Liu, MD.  A neurologist in Peoria, IL.  309/672-4522.  You may need a referral from your family doc.  He knows about CLUSTER HEADACHES.  I have been suffering from CHs since high school.  About every 4 years.  I currently am in a cycle.  My wife and I will be driving to FL next weekend and will be going right by you on I-57. Hoping I can make it to FL  I am in fear.  Try Verapamil to stop CH long term and oxygen to abort CH attacks.
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2012 at 3:13pm by Joe S. »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!