Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Prednisone euphoria - anyone else getting this? (Read 11478 times)
HossDelgado
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Prednisone euphoria - anyone else getting this?
Apr 11th, 2013 at 6:41pm

I was wondering if anyone has experienced euphoria or any of the other mood altering side effects of prednisone at high doses?

I've never had them before, but my current 2 week taper (i'm at 80mg for one more day) has caused intense psychological side effects. I alternate between euphoria, spaciness, intense confidence, and sudden rushes of emotions (i wept while watching madmen when a character said about death: 'I know that all I'm going to be doing from here on is losing everything').

I wonder if it's an interaction with the d3/fish oil regimen, because this never happened with verapamil as a preventative (i'm trying the taper w/ d3). Also weird is that i'm getting one headache per day (down from up to 4). On previous tapers, the pred wiped out all heacaches for the duration.

I wonder if this what people feel like on cocaine. It's intense.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Re: Prednisone euphoria - anyone else getting this?
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 7:12pm

My educated guess is it's the Prednisone. In 2005 I was put on 80mgs and soon became a very goofy person. Went on buying sprees, even bought some land I don't need. I did things that I still don't remember doing. My wife does.

Some people can take even higher doses but not me and maybe not you. I'm 5' 8" and 157lbs. I had everything you describe and more. You should be OK but be aware you are not your normal self.

Don
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2013 at 7:13pm by Skyhawk5 »  

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Ange NZ
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 4:05am

I get the euphoria and spaciness with prednisone.  One workmate notices when I'm on it without me even saying anything as I'm happy and bouncing off the walls.  Well, I am when it has done it's job and stopped the CH in its tracks.   Hasn't worked this time though so I'm being grumpy still.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 8:49am

Yup, and not just euphoria. When the pizza arrived I went right for the box ignoring its content. Prednisone is great but wait for the crash when you go down...blessings. lance

IP Logged

idorko
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Central Maine
Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2013 at 10:04am

I just got a lot of energy, hunger, and gained weight from Pred. Also couldn't sleep

++ on the crash being absolute hell

IP Logged

HossDelgado
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2013 at 7:03pm

I think you're right about me not being able to handle 80mg/day of prednisone. Luckily my taper is almost done.

I had an especially weird day a couple weeks back when I realized that I should be taking the prednisone in the morning, and not at night. I took 80mg at around midnight, and the next morning was the first day of the 60mg part of the taper, so i took 60mg at around 10AM to get myself on a morning dosing schedule.

By the time I went to lunch with my wife, my brain felt like it was going to explode. I could barely focus on anything and my thoughts kept jumping around. I had to concentrate hard just to stop myself from running around while waving my hands in the air.

I can totally imagine you buying property while under the influence.

Skyhawk5 wrote on Apr 11th, 2013 at 7:12pm:
Some people can take even higher doses but not me and maybe not you. I'm 5' 8" and 157lbs

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!