Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cleaning (Read 2233 times)
Geordie Lass
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cleaning
Apr 13th, 2013 at 9:02am

Hello everyone. I have been trying to get unscented furniture polish everywhere but no success yet. Even when I find someone who sells unscented polish when I ask is it really unscented because my son gets Clusters at any kind of scented smell they tell me that yes there is a smell to it. I know it's not a really relevant question to Clusters but I try to keep perfume, hairspray and everything scented out of the house as the slightest wiff gives my son a Cluster but he  says a bit of polish on the furniture would be nice. Hope this is not to silly a question. Best Wishes to all.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Cleaning
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2013 at 7:53pm

Hey Geordie Lass,

Try neutral mineral spirits or silicone spray as a stand-in for furniture polish...  a little goes a long way.

Regarding your son's cluster headaches...  have him see his PCP for a 25(OH)D lab test.  This is the serum level metabolite of vitamin D3 that's used to measure its status.  The normal reference range for 25(OH)D is 30 to 100 ng/mL.  Unfortunately, too many physicians will say the results of this lab test are normal at a serum concentration of 31 ng/mL...  While that may be a high enough 25(OH)D serum concentration to prevent rickets and osteomalacia... it's far too low to prevent CH

The odds are your son is vitamin D3 deficient and that deficiency is contributing to the frequency, severity and duration of his cluster headaches.

We've more than sufficient data confirming a causal relationship between a vitamin D3 deficiency and cluster headache.  240 out of the 300 CH'ers (80%) who started the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 experienced a significant reduction in the frequency, severity and duration of their cluster headaches. Most of them experienced a pain free response.

Moreover, lab tests for 25(OH)D reported by CH'ers experiencing a favorable response have all fallen in a range of 60 to 110 ng/mL.

If you're interested in this non-prescription solution to preventing your son's cluster headaches, please see the following link and discuss it with your son's neurologist or PCP.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If you want to see what other CH'ers are saying about their experience with the anti-inflammatory regimen, click on the following link:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Cleaning
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 2:21am

Supporters for President!!!

You'll likely be fine with linseed oil as a polish. Also known as flaxseed oil.

Odourless, remarkably effective, and so good you can even eat it.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!