Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Message transfer to storage backfired (Read 1686 times)
RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Message transfer to storage backfired
Jun 25th, 2013 at 8:52pm

Hi DJ

Night before last I was just finishing a long PM to Norma416 when the puter went wonky and I thought I,d lost it . . . however, it did post.   

I got a message next time I logged in that my "sent" storage was full and had a 200 message max. . . . . so, transferred 58 from the "sent" pages to storage, logged out, logged back in and the messages showed indeed that my "current messages" was reduced and the 58 messages were in storage.

Have logged  in several times since then and several today (looking for a PM or post on Norma416's thread .  . . am somewhat concerned.

Anyway . . . . just logged in again and it shows 118 new messages . . .  that's double the ammount I stored, plus the last two Norma sent to me.

And yes, when checking the "new messages", they were the messages I stored.

What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance,

BE SAFE,    PFDANs

Richard

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Re: Message transfer to storage backfired
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 1:43pm

Well . . . tried to delete the 118 "new messages" with the exception of Norma's two messages . . . . and after deleting 2 1/2 pages (there were 5-6), I evidently (somehow) wiped out all messages in the in-box  with the exception of the two from Norma.

So . . .  somehow in deleting the "New Messages", I wiped out all the inbox messages (with the exception of the random messages I had put in storage to reduce the "sent" file.

I should have waited on advice before I deleted the messages, but it seemed fairly idiot-proof (evidently not).

Be Safe

Richard

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!