Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Crying as a trigger? (Read 1963 times)
Boyce
CH.com Junior

x1|Columbus|USA|usa|387|151|IN,Indiana
Crying as a trigger?
Jul 10th, 2013 at 12:38pm

Hello all....

Yesterday I had to have my longtime best pal / doggie friend put down after almost 15 years.  it's a sad thing, but not positng this to garner sympathy....

I had a really good cry after I got home, and almost as soon as I stopped, I had the longest and one of the strongest CHA's yet of this cycle.

Anyone else ever had crying be a HA trigger?

No Pressure, No Diamond
stattenfield  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Crying as a trigger?
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:58pm

As we say in N.C. : "Might could be!"

No catalog of triggers; your personal experience is as validly labeled "trigger" as any others events.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 3:51pm

Never noticed that as a trigger, but as Bob says, triggers vary a LOT. Sorry about the dog, only a dog owner understands how much that stings.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

repguy2020
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Canada
Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2013 at 4:11am

Sorry to hear about your friend. It's not an easy decision and the little fellow was probably worth a few tears. I know my 12 year old cat was when he got sick and had to be put down. The crying didn't trigger a headache for me. The only real way to know if it's a trigger for you is to have another good cry and see what happens. I hope it doesn't. It's not something you can easily do without a good reason and, it's all bad enough being sad without feeling like you're going to be punished for it.

Wishing you peace and pain free years,

rep
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2013 at 4:12am by repguy2020 »  

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2013 at 5:57am

It might not be the tears but the stress as changes in stress levels is a very common trigger for many of us. And losing a much loved pet is as many of us know very stressful.

Remember the good times... That helps...

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2013 at 7:02am

I learned recently from a very reliable source that the chemical content of your tears varies massively depending whether you're crying from pain, grief or laughter.

Doesn't help, I know.  Just thought I'd mention it.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2013 at 2:30pm

Very sorry to hear you lost your best pal.
I'm with Mike NZ. I'm a believer that (for me) stress keeps the clusters away. Relaxing or calming down after a very stressful situation can bring on the attack.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Venus
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Asheville, North Carolina
Reply #7 - Jul 15th, 2013 at 2:25am

Omg - I have found crying to be a trigger as well. So much so that it will cause me to have terrible shadows and trigiminal (sp?) nerve pain when I'm in remission (though even in remission I will have the nerve pain almost every night at the same time - everything but the actual headache). It is terrible for me because I suffer from depression (a lot due to the CH) and I have a hard time trying to keep control of my emotions so that I don't trigger myself... I have gotten a lot better about breathing and talking myself down from an emotional "event". It is also terrible because when I am at a 10 on the scale I cry and scream, which most likely perpetuates the problem. I'm sorry that this is also one of your triggers - but take solace in knowing that being able to control that side of yourself will make you a stronger person all around Smiley

IP Logged

Vinnie
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 3:01pm

For me, appears to be so. Was at the funeral of a good friend and had to force myself to stop crying, since the beast started charging at me. How **'d up is that??

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!