Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
24 hours later... (Read 3498 times)
JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
24 hours later...
Oct 6th, 2013 at 8:48am

I just dawned on me this morning that I am a little aggravated at my Aunt Judy, Granted she lives in FL and really has no idea what I (we) go through as CHr's.  But I've been posting on FB about CH for as long as I've been on it and she's been in my friends just as long.  Yesterday was the 1st time in years she's acknowledged my battle with the beast.  Yes she had something nice to say, but it just dawned on me this morning that it took her over three years to even acknowledge it. 

I'll get over it though as I'm a tough ol'bird lol  It was just the realization of it this morning that got me.

My disappointment continues...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Re: 24 hours later...
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 12:35pm

Some just don't ever 'get it'.  As a supporter that always disappoints me...pisses me off actually.  I'm really happy to see that it's getting better but there will always remain some that think it's just a headache.  Angry

Sorry, Sweetie....hope you're finding some PF days.

J.

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 6:56pm

That means alot to me Smiley  Thank You Jackie!

Working on the PF !!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
M.K. Gandhi

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 3:49am

Sorry to say, but some folk just don't get it.  Sad  unless
they are a  Smiley themselves.

Hoppy.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2013 at 4:07am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:03am

Thinking about this, I'm not sure that some people really get the chance to really get it. After all they will have zero personal experience of a CH and they will no doubt comparing a CH to a normal headache.

For close family supporters who get to see us in the middle of a CH then they do get an understanding of the impact. However I really don't want my supporter to ever experience for themselves the pain of a Kip 10 (I don't want to experience it again myself).

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #5 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 9:09am

Mike NZ wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 1:03am:
Thinking about this, I'm not sure that some people really get the chance to really get it. After all they will have zero personal experience of a CH and they will no doubt comparing a CH to a normal headache.

Exactly, Mike, but I feel family members, even though not seeing an actual attack should at least get it a little bit....and that is why advocacy and 'getting the word out' is so very important.  Huge strides have been made and are still being made in this area.  My opinion...knowledge and education leads to understanding. 

Research still being #1 of course.

Be well,
J.

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #6 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 8:19pm

So True!! 

This is also why I am so glad to have you all as my wonderful backup supporters and CH Family .

M.K. Gandhi

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!