Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Potential cause (Read 1715 times)
Telli
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Potential cause
Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:04am

I'm glad to be connected to this community.  My husband has suffered for 10 years now.  I've often wondered what could have possibly caused this condition. Ten years ago, when he had his first attack, we were in the middle of renovating an old house and using very potent chemicals (paint strippers, glues, primers and such).  I'm wondering if somehow one of the chemicals he was exposed to could have caused neurological damage?  He is having another episode now.  We are currently living in Istanbul where Imigran is much cheaper, thank God.  We are contemplating a quick trip to Amsterdam since others have reported such positive results.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Potential cause
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:43am

First off,,,thanks for being a such an awesome supporter. Without my wife sticking with me the last 34 years I'd have lost my sanity a hundred times over! Our supporters are considered golden!

The ever elusive cause of CH...is it biological...in us since birth just waiting to spring its surprise? Is it structural, something a knock on the head damages and starts the whole ugly chain reaction, is it an exposure to a nasty chemical that changes something? Still not enough research being done to get a firm answer to any of those questions. Undecided

For now we just treat the pain and try to find effective prevents. Keep perusing the board, knowledge is still our most potent weapon against the beast. Thanks again for taking the lead for my CH brother.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!