Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Using a TENS unit to abort CHs (Read 2154 times)
Bryan n Ann
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Using a TENS unit to abort CHs
Aug 23rd, 2014 at 12:57pm

I read Adrianne's post from last year and we want to try this. My husband has clusters at least 4 times a day preceded by intense pain for hours for each one. This has continued daily for years, but has been debilitating since July of 2011.

There are so many varieties of TENS units! I'd like to know which is the most effective. When I called a medal supply store, I was told their models are not for use on the head.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Using a TENS unit to abort CHs
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 8:21pm

I tried it once and it was a disaster but I know of another bloke who had quite some success with it. I recall he put one end on his cheek and the other variously on his temple or the cluster-bump on the back of his neck.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

feisty
CH.com Veteran

west coast, BC, Canada
Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 2:48pm

Hi Ann,

Sorry I don't know anything about TENS but...

Definitely check out the link in my sig line - my H is painfree now and we think it's because of that.

Also, O2 has been a lifesaver for my H. Look at the yellow link "oxygen info" on the left and carefully follow instructions.

Best of wishes to both of you.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2014 at 2:48pm by feisty »  

Smiley wife of 48 year old husband who suffers from episodic CH ~ Batch's Anti-Inflammatory Regimen works!

IP Logged

didgens
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2014 at 10:59am

Whats a Cluster Bump ???

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 3:42am

Oops. Sorry a bit slow there, Didgens. Many of us when in cycle get a lump on the back of the neck, usually on the side we're getting hit. For a long time I thought this was actually the cause of the problem, not simply a result.

I commonly use hot or cold packs on mine and while I don't know if it really helps, it at least gives me the feeling of having tried.

There's even some who get one in the mouth and say an ice cube is terrific.

We truly are a weird mob.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

didgens
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 11:59am

I know my son always wants me to massage his neck on that side ,, but I have never felt the bump ,, just tension.

IP Logged

Esheel31
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Virginia,USA
Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2014 at 10:08pm

Never had a bump before.
Interesting thought about the neck tension.

Once went to get a massage my wife had bought me for my birthday.
Just coming out of a cycle and the masseuse was saying that the muscles in my neck and shoulder on my right side were as tight as she's seen in a long time.
That's my cluster side.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!