Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: In Love and Lost (Read 1965 times)
Don B
CH.com Veteran

What's another word for
Thesaurus ?

Meriden, Ct.
Re: In Love and Lost
Nov 21st, 2014 at 3:49pm

you've shared a lot here and a lot of it is familiar to me. I am the CH sufferer and my wife the supportive one. she is the one that found this site for me and got me on the road to recovery mentally and physically. you are doing the right things by reaching out on this site in the treatment section above. there are many that will be able to offer treatment suggestions. I can speak to who I became without it....I never just sat and watched tv, but the debilitating nature of battling the beast knocked the stuffing out of me physically and emotionally. I was at wits end and needed help. I didnt like the way I was feeling beyonf the excruciating pain. your husband may feel the same. by my wife caring enough to seek help elsewhere, she found this site. here I was able to find how to use oxygen properly. this allowed me to abort nearly all attacks, get some sleep, become more tolerable to myself and others. this one step allowed me to learn more of what else I could do to treat the condition. It would be nice if others could understand (his family etc) and would not only help him, but also you. unfortunately many do not understand the condition. I kept it to myself and my wife as much as possible, dealt with a physician and leaned on CH.COM and all the great people for advice and support.
I am glad you shared and grateful that you support a fellow CH'er. hoping you can find peace together in managing the condition

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: In Love and Lost
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 5:56pm

Urlilbrat - I recognize so much of what I went through from your description of what is happening with your husband. It can be so easy to spiral downwards with constant CH, especially if you have ineffective medication to prevent them and no effective ways to abort them. They just seem to take over your life totally.

What dragged me back to normality was working with a good doctor with the right skills and experience with CH, plus finding here and learning so much about CH, plus knowing that I wasn't alone. I won't ever forget the first message I got and the forum replies. It was the beginning of the end for CH holding control over my life.

And you're also one amazing supporter too, doing so much for your husband. Not everyone who posts here is lucky enough to get someone who does all they can and more.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!