Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New Tryptamine 5 MeO DALT for Cluster Headaches (Read 1937680 times)
Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
New Tryptamine 5 MeO DALT for Cluster Headaches
Jan 16th, 2015 at 3:46pm

Information on the new tryptamine option 5 MeO DALT (Synthetic Tryptamine N,N-Diallyl-5 Methoxytryptamine)  is promising and a case study is underway.

A survey has been created also to gather data and treatment information and is open for those who are interested and Mitch is asking for all involved to report on the survey after 30 days working or not. I will have that on the website. The study will conclude on March 31st at midnight.
A great example of patient/citizen science and showing again that great advances are coming directly from patients with the will to make change instead of waiting for something to happen. Much respect...

Here is information on this treatment. It is an alternative treatment and is a synthetic tryptamine.  NO side effects or very mild feeling of cold is the only one fairly consistent side effect and almost non existent. There is NO trip or recreational use involved.  It also is out of your system very quickly... Just a very promising and effective treatment and this case study will give us a bunch of good information success rates, side effects etc... To this point there have been no adverse effects and safety is 100% to date. Please take the time to read the link I put up for more information...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

***CAUTION***If you are interested in this DO NOT jump into this treatment or any alternative treatment without reading and studying thoroughly and DO NOT do this if you can not measure your doses accurately and follow the instructions Mitch has provided so this can be a success for you and the entire cluster headache community.
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2016 at 10:58am by Clusterman59 »  

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

tangerinearmy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Re: New Treatment/Tryptamine for Cluster Headaches
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 7:33am

shame its now illegal to buy in the uk as of jan7th

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #2 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 10:35pm

It will be very interesting to see the survey results as I believe it will go for about 3 more months then a report will be made.  Exciting to watch this all unfold but again it is early and we are far from conclusions.  Lets hope because hope seems to be prevalent here...

P.S. I am personally involved in this case study and a 42 year CHer. I'm in complete remission for eight weeks now only the third time in my life due to a treatment. Once for 1.5 years on the D3 regimen (Thanks Pete!) and using the clusterbuster method for one year. Also chronic. I can't tell I'm taking it. No side effects at all for me and a very clean feeling of remission shadow free as well. I went from 6+ attacks a day every day to this the day after I started the treatment not a shadow since. This is not a cure in fact it is a process of consistent treatment and significant commitment to the patient also an education on it is NECESSARY to do this and understand this treatment and to make this successful. All the best and much respect...John

***CAUTION***If you are interested in this DO NOT jump into this treatment without reading and studying thoroughly and DO NOT do this if you can't measure your doses accurately and follow the instructions provided so this can be a success for you and the entire cluster headache community.
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2016 at 4:56pm by Clusterman59 »  

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
IP Logged

Visperas
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 8:17pm

Hi! As almost everyone, I'm willing to give a chance to almost every treatment out there and this one sounds good. Has anyone else tried it? How do you buy it and how much is it? Can I get into one of this trials?

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 6:36am

Please read my previous posts. There are around 60 or so CHers involved in this case study myself included. Put me in remission in one day and I'm chronic .A large majority are in remission or getting relief. Very early in this case study. Again please read my previous posts... Good luck!
Please also read the link below for more information.

***CAUTION***If you are interested in this DO NOT jump into this treatment or any alternative treatment without reading and studying thoroughly and DO NOT do this if you can not measure your doses accurately and follow the instructions provided so this can be a success.
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2016 at 11:08am by Clusterman59 »  

IP Logged

Visperas
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 4:59pm

No offense, but where are this 60 CH's who have tried or are trying this posting their comments?

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #6 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 9:31pm

Most all are in the 5000 member Face Book Support Group "Cluster Headaches" Where I'm one of three admins. That figure of 60 is being left in the dust,  Mitch Post who found this treatment has been following folks and if you noticed I pulled the estimated  percentage rates of remission free patients because this case study is growing so rapidly that we can't keep up accurately now. We are going to have to wait for the survey results. It certainly is a promising and exciting treatment and rates of total remission are high. We'll just have to wait and see now...

This case study will conclude on March 31st at midnight...

***CAUTION***If you are interested in this DO NOT jump into this or any treatment without reading and studying thoroughly and DO NOT do this if you can not measure your doses accurately and follow the instructions provided so this can be a success for you and the entire cluster headache community.
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2016 at 11:09am by Clusterman59 »  

IP Logged

sunya123
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: New Tryptamine 5 MeO DALT for Cluster Headaches
Reply #7 - Feb 21st, 2015 at 2:05am

could we get a tip on who a good online provider would be?

IP Logged

Tony Only
CH.com Junior

Ain't Life Grand

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2015 at 1:48pm

Boards (this and CB board) and Facebook are almost 2 separate things... it's good if one can follow all of them. I find myself extremely rarely on boards, FB taking so much of the time. 5-MeO-DALT is huge in FB. Very great to see some discussion here as well !

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

dauber
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 22nd, 2015 at 1:53pm

I believe the question was where can someone find this, what are the best vendors?from what I understand the vendor in the UK no longer carries it

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #10 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 7:11am

Just an FYI - this is a synthetic psychedelic tryptamine so this is along the lines of the shroom treatment.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #11 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 10:19am

Yes it was created by Alexander Shulgin in 2004 or 2006 i believe and was created a a psychedelic drug (Tryptamine).  It has been considered a poor recreational drug and was kinda put aside as an obscure research chemical.

I have been CCH free the whole time I started using it for over 3 months, I was CCH free in a day and I'm chronic for the most part of 42 years. I have had no side effects at all and I can't tell I'm even taking it. It just stopped my attacks within a day.  There are a couple of sources that have been used consistently from Canada.

Please read and study the information on the link below to understand this treatment and follow the directions so you can have a successful experience.

« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2016 at 5:13pm by Clusterman59 »  

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #12 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 8:47pm

The case study has concluded and the following paper work is being done and will take about a week. Preliminary results are AMAZING!!

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #13 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 9:03pm

Great, next step is to get it published in a journal and get it noticed by neurologists and those who can make it happen. Hopefully this will lead to formal trials with the full double blind protocol which is the gold standard for proving that it is really working and not a placebo effect.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2015 at 9:04pm by Mike NZ »  

IP Logged

Tony Only
CH.com Junior

Ain't Life Grand

Reply #14 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 9:04pm

Placebo effect? Seriously? I can say mine is zero, even the neuros back here agree it's around that percentage. Yeah, one can dig up some studies that bring it up but any clusterhead knows that's almost non-existent.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #15 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 10:41pm

Tony Only wrote on Apr 5th, 2015 at 9:04pm:
Placebo effect? Seriously? I can say mine is zero, even the neuros back here agree it's around that percentage. Yeah, one can dig up some studies that bring it up but any clusterhead knows that's almost non-existent.

Yes, seriously. The placebo effect is incredibly powerful, even with CH.

Google Scholar brings up multiple studies where the placebo effect has an impact - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

One example is a paper on the use of intranasal sumatriptan to abort CHs.
Intranasal sumatriptan in cluster headache - Randomized placebo-controlled double-blind study
J. A. van Vliet, MD, A. Bahra, MRCP, V. Martin, MD, N. Ramadan, MD, S. K. Aurora, MD, N. T. Mathew, MD DM, FRCP(C), M. D. Ferrari, MD PhD and P. J. Goadsby, MD DSc
Neurology February 25, 2003 vol. 60 no. 4 630-633

Quote:
Results: Five study centers enrolled 118 patients in whom 154 attacks were treated: 77 with sumatriptan and 77 with placebo. The responder rates at 30 minutes were 57% for sumatriptan and 26% for placebo (p = 0.002). Pain-free rates at 30 minutes were 47% for sumatriptan and 18% for placebo (p = 0.003). Sumatriptan was also superior to placebo considering initial response, meaningful relief, and relief of associated symptoms. There were no serious adverse events.

So 26% of people responded to a placebo which is impressive when you compare it to 57% responding to the actual drug and this is in response to an actual CH. Even more impressive is that for 18% the placebo makes them go pain free from a CH!

The double blind trial is essential to prove it is working, especially with the background of the drug and how it is illegal in some countries. If this has to have a chance of working well for people it needs to progress through all the appropriate trials.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #16 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 9:59pm

Excellent Mike......without the placebo effect, medicine...modern or otherwise... would be farther out in the desert than it already is. I personally couldn't care less if something works because I THINK it works, because it DOES, or somewhere in between. The human mind is more powerful than has ever been considered......drug researchers COUNT on the placebo effect for part of the success of most any drug...the trick is to tease out the elements physiological efficacy vs the "believed"...

Trials/research are essential to the progress of science...as ya can't just throw stuff against the wall and "hope"...a placebo must be inspired by "this might work" and I'm gonna give it a good go....

As an aside...I just saw an article about the placebo effect in the treatment of canine ailments. Claimed to be effective..... with the thought that if the vet believes then the dog gets better. I'm thinking that's a different animal...a dog may respond to attention.... but it's not because he "believes"....sorry....

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #17 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 11:46am

Because this treatment belongs to no one makes it even better and shouldn't get stalled like BOL 148. 5 MeO DALT has shown to be right up there with BOL and the case study report will be ready soon, probably a few days. Would like to see many entities involved and pick up 5 MeO DALT.  The more that want to run with it the better. I will post a copy of the report when I get it in ha
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2016 at 5:16pm by Clusterman59 »  

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 2:35am

jon019 wrote on Apr 6th, 2015 at 9:59pm:
Excellent Mike......without the placebo effect, medicine...modern or otherwise... would be farther out in the desert than it already is. I personally couldn't care less if something works because I THINK it works, because it DOES, or somewhere in between. The human mind is more powerful than has ever been considered......drug researchers COUNT on the placebo effect for part of the success of most any drug...the trick is to tease out the elements physiological efficacy vs the "believed"...

Trials/research are essential to the progress of science...as ya can't just throw stuff against the wall and "hope"...a placebo must be inspired by "this might work" and I'm gonna give it a good go....

As an aside...I just saw an article about the placebo effect in the treatment of canine ailments. Claimed to be effective..... with the thought that if the vet believes then the dog gets better. I'm thinking that's a different animal...a dog may respond to attention.... but it's not because he "believes"....sorry....

Best

Jon

great post Jon !
The mind is a powerful instrument !
Just wish my mind was powerful enough to realise that a nice "frothy"  ( cold beer )  was indeed a preventative for clusters  !   guess my mind is just weak, hasn't worked so far  Grin
cheers
colin

IP Logged

Tony Only
CH.com Junior

Ain't Life Grand

Reply #19 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 8:51am

Just in my personal CH there could've been a placebo effect/factor when I was CCH and nothing was working and everything in the medical field was tried. I got hit so much regularly and there were so many factors present that if something worked even for a little while it was hard to be sure what it was.

Ever since detoxing from all prescription meds and finding ways to control my CH it's been very clear the placebo effect currently - just on my personal CH - is zero. If stuff works I won't get hit. If it doesn't, I do. But with the meds it was a completely different story.

I agree 100% with the power of mind part (suggested reading on the subject: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register) probably even more than average fellas but just in my CH now my mind won't prevent the hits. Glad there's other stuff that does.

MOD: Don't want to hijack this good 5-MeO-DALT thread so may this be a last one from me  Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2015 at 8:53am by Tony Only »  

IP Logged

dauber
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 1:46pm

It's mind over matter- "if you don't mind, it don't matter!"

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #21 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 5:21pm

The case study just concluded having about 50 patients used but more than 200 started to late to be involved in the case study. 87% success rate at a positive experience. So as of now a very large majority using 5 MeO DALT are now in full remission. Safety is 100% to date.
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2015 at 6:15pm by Clusterman59 »  

IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #22 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 9:33am

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but is there any way to test what you get in the mail to be sure that it is actually 5-MEO-DALT?

-Ricardo

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #23 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 4:54pm

Hi Ricardo...
If you read all the info Mitch put out on this it does explain it all and tells everyone what they need to do to be successful.  We all have to find our own supplier. Mitch made suggestions on how to check the reputation of a supplier...Good Luck!

« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2016 at 12:34pm by Clusterman59 »  

IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #24 - Apr 27th, 2015 at 9:25am

The type of test that I was talking about was more along the lines of one of these- 

as opposed to seller reputation.  Completely just my opinion, but this is one of the things I don't like about the 5-MEO-DALT.  There is no way to tell if what you got in the mail is really what you think it is.  All you have to go by is a whole bunch of other people's opinion.  One problem with this is that DALT has not been around for that long, not that many people have tried it--and as far as I know there is no way to test it.  So how do they know they got the real thing anyways?  To me it seems too easy for a person to get a funny white powder in a timely fashion from a supplier, get lit off it, and give a good review of the seller because they had a good experience.  Most people have no experience with DALT so how are they going to say "that doesn't feel like DALT to me..."? 

The second thing I really disagree with is the lack of legal repercussions that could possibly happen by getting caught with this substance.  Under the analog act you could most definitely be charged with drug possession.    I think with a good lawyer you might be able to get off those charges, but that is after being arrested, charged and brought to court numerous times.  I find it hard to believe that when you tell the police officer that is holding up your bag of white powder "hey that's not illegal, look it says 5-MEO-DALT" that it's going to do you much good.

I'm not trying to be snarky and most of this is just my opinion, not to mention that to me it looks like DALT has some serious potential--but I do think we should be realistic when talking about the potential upsides and downsides of all Cluster treatments.

Peace

-Ricardo

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!