Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
has anyone tried allevio??? (Read 865 times)
ronica3232
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

has anyone tried allevio???
Mar 24th, 2015 at 8:38pm

my doctor wants to put me on allevio, has anyone tried it???  Ive been a suffering from ch for 13 years just 4 years ago i actually figured out what they were and started taking verapamill and it worked yaayyy!!!! than poof! for 2 years i stopped getting headaches.  And about 4 weeks ago I started getting them again and they came back pisssssed!!!!! im taking 1000 mg of verapamill basically doubling what I was taking before and also taking an anti seizure medication called zonisimide at 400 mg a day and its not working quite yet bec it has to build up in my system and so the doc said he could give me allevio which is lidocaine sort of injected somewhere thru my nose in the back of my head.  anyone ever heard of it??? i trust my neuro but its kinda weird

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Re: has anyone tried allevio???
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 11:44pm

Not up to speed on this one, but your neuro  should have
prescribed you a Prednisone taper dose 7-10 days until the
Verapamil kicks in.

Hoppy.
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2015 at 4:13pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!