Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Something weird going on (Read 12928 times)
Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Something weird going on
Jun 18th, 2015 at 12:55am

Not sure what's going on in my head! Haven't experienced anything like this before! I have this pain just above both eyebrows, not CH, no kip scale, just annoying. Over the counter meds won't shift it, I don't wear reading glasses. So, I'm wondering if it's eye strain from spending time on the computer, or something else. Thoughts.

Cheers, Hoppy.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Something weird going on
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 5:08pm

It isn't something we can diagnose, so it will be the standard advice when you get a significant change to headaches which is to consult your doctor.

If you think it could be eye strain, then you might want to get your eyes tested too.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 5:17pm

Hi Hoppy,
Do as Mike says,  see your doctor and also get your eyes tested. Hope you're OK Hoppy.
Maz.

IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 12:37am

Funny you should bring this up! If you can bear with me I've got a little story for you.  Two years ago when my cycle started up in mid May I checked in here and learned about the D3 regimen so I jumped on board . Nothing happened at first for 2 weeks and then my ch's started changing... for the better mostly, but I also started getting nasty day long sinus type headaches, top of my forehead, all across the front, not ch style at all. Over the course of several days they dissipated.... I'd have that weird headache for a few hours every couple days and then they quit altogether along with my ch's.  My brother-in-law is a chronic ch'er so I convinced him to start the D3 regimen 2 years ago also but he quit the regimen. I never did find out why till today.

This May when the beast came home to roost I started up the regimen again with very similar results and time table. Those strange headaches came back also but not till my ch's started getting better. Had one of those weirdos for a full day and then 2 or 3 hour ones after that in the following weeks, no more than 3 or 4 of them in total. They're gone now along with my ch's.

Now here's the funny part... Tim stopped by today to pick up some fresh strawberries my wife had picked and instead of coming in the house he took off running. (running and getting winded is a trick we both use to kill a ch) He ended up using my O2 to finish it off. I hounded him about restarting the D3 regimen and he said it made his headaches worse. Oh yeah, how so? He then described the headache that you're talking about that also appears to be the same kind I would get when the regimen starts working. BTW, he's chronic but his ch's always seem to peak when mine start up.

With 2 cycles using D3 now under my belt, my take on this is it's a sign that the regimen is going into effect, a phase that I go through on the way to becoming PF.

So my question for you is this... is this your typical start time of the year? If so, maybe you're having a similar response that my brother-in-law and I had and they will be as short lived as mine were. Hope so!

Sean

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2015 at 12:39am by Sean McE »  

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 2:14am

Hi Sean,
To answer your  Questioning! With me, the  Smiley always came through the front door at the start of Spring and the beginning of Fall, and would leave by the back door just as quick when the season changed. I've never had CH's any other times of the year. I'm upping my vitamin D-3 to 10,000iu /day, and see If that sorts it out, and who knows what tricks the  Smiley got up his sleeve seeing as we are all different.

Cheers, Hoppy
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2015 at 2:29am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 2:36am

Hi Hoppy,    Just curious, did that weird headache last longer than a day? Still going on now?

Sean

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 2:37am

Hoppy,
              I agree with Sean, I too have experienced similar quite often, not all the time, but when I have experienced "shadows" they come in all shapes and forms. Sometimes, just a nagging headache that wont go, can be both sides and exactly how you described, above both the eyebrows, like a pressure !  I've put them down to shadows and seem to be always right !
whether its sinus related, Hmm  starting to feel there's a connection, over the last few years I've noticed I get a sort of hay fever, blocked real deep. I think there's some credence in what Batch has been advocating recently regarding hystomines and pollen etc. I mean its winter over here, but Ive still got an English garden sprouting the winter bloom, and I always come away sniffling when trimming back some of the vine type plants I have.
Just saying, not saying that that's what it is for you, but good advice was given before, along the lines of getting in and seeing your local doctor, just to be sure.
Hope it ends for you soon hoppy

colin
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2015 at 2:38am by N/A »  

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #7 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 2:38am

Good morning Hoppy and Sean
Just a thought - Have you had your blood tested lately. Is it remotely possible that you've taken a little too much D3 and are reaching toxic levels.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #8 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 2:43am

Morning to you too Colin
Where do you live ?
I have an almost constant headache when I'm in cycle. The CHs come and go as normal, but the background headache is ever present. It's always worse first thing in the morning when I wake up. I take normal OTC pills for it and it fades off but never completely goes, until the cycle is over.
Maz.

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 3:01am

Hi Maz,
           I'm in Melbourne Australia Maz, one of those Kiwi's that went abroad  LOL
I shall endeavour to work out how to put those details up next to my name.
I am ( as my wife sais) a computer Neanderthal !
I try my hardest, but the abacus was as technical as I got in my schooling days   Grin

regards
colin

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #10 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 3:03am

Hi Sean & Colin,
Sean, they have been going on non stop for about a week now, and nothing I do seems to make any difference, hoping, raising my D-3 intake will f**k him off, If It's he that's lurking.

Colin, you could be on the money! I too have an English garden, pollen everywhere, but It's never bothered me before.

Maz, I'm no where near toxic, my last test was 117.50 nmol/L so if anything, my levels could be far too low.

Hoppy.

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 3:09am

Hi Hoppy,
             The one that effects me the most, is when I'm trimming the 4 different varieties of jasmine vines Hoppy, its guaranteed to get me all stuffy, even when not in flower.

Maz,
       I've worked it out !
   Just for you I've managed to work out how to put my location up in that area !   Grin

colin

IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #12 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 3:21am

Good Morning to you maz,     I shouldn't be too high, I was at 20,000 a day through May and at 10,000 for all of June, but the real clue ( at least for me) was these strange headaches came and pretty much went during my third week on D3 (before I even had a chance to get too high). The same week that my ch's  were subsiding. Since I got these weirdo headaches both cycles and at the same time my ch's were decreasing I just attributed them to a phase I was going through as my ch's went away.
         They're definitely not shadows as I know shadows.  Completely wrong location. Shadows (at least for me) are where my clusters are and are like a mini cluster.  These buggers  are centered at the top of my forehead and they feel like a sinus headache. They were a nuisance but short lived. Hoppys comment caused me to respond since I've often wondered if others had gone through a similar experience went starting the D3 regimen.

You're right though.. I'm about do for a test.     Sean

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #13 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 3:26am

Colin,
A penny just dropped, I've been blowing my nose for about
three weeks now, just full of fluid, maybe a trip to the
chemist is called for, to get some allergy tabs.

Hoppy.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2015 at 3:28am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 3:27am

In thinking about it now, I haven't had a full on cycle for nearly 6-8 months, when a full blown cycle was on its last legs, the last few days, I would get the head ache above the eye brows ! that's how I knew my cycle was ending, everytime ! that's the first time I experienced them, so when they came when I wasn't in cycle, I put them down to shadows, the beast was trying, but couldn't break thru.
Its funny really, everyone's shadows or there experience or perception seems to be different, but I know I only get them when the beasts about ! strange

colin
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2015 at 3:28am by N/A »  

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 3:30am

Hoppy wrote on Jun 19th, 2015 at 3:26am:
Colin,
A penny just dropped, I've been blowing my nose for about
three weeks now, just full of fluid, maybe a trip to the
chemist is called for, to get some allergy tabs.

Hoppy.

Hoppy, I just came off a bad Flu a month ago, the beast never came, but maybe try the benadrol thing that batch was advocating !
let us know how you go

colin

IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #16 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 3:38am

Benedryl,  Hoppy, Benedryl. Accept no substitute unless it's the generic form of Benedryl. Those aren't my words , they're Batch's.  BTW, I have allergies too. 
      I was hoping your weird headaches were short lived. If it's a sinus headache,  they're no fun either and don't respond well to over the counter stuff but hot steamy showers help em drain and relieve the pressure.
                                              Sean

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #17 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 3:51am

Colin, we were in Melbourne at the beginning of December 2013. If only we'd known. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there even though it was only for a few days. Very pretty river.
Maz.

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 4:03am

Yes Hoppy, Benadryl is available here

Maz, really you were here in Melbourne !  I live only 5-6 miles from the city centre, nice and handy !  Gee, if only we knew indeed. Well, you'll just have to plan another Australian holiday Maz ! Its a big place, plenty to see
                       Grin

colin

IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #19 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 4:05am

Hoppy,  my wife gets bad sinus headaches and she does the Crocodile Dundee thing.....stick your head over a pan of simmering water with a towel draped over your head to trap the steam and breath through your nose.... minus the coke of course. If it is a sinus headache, Benedryl won't make it go away, getting your sinus to drain will. Benedryl will dry things up though.

Sean

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #20 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 4:10am

Thanks Colin,
Off too the Chemist right now, I don't think I could handle
another night without sleep.

Hoppy

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #21 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 4:15am

Sean, at least that will be a start, so as I can take these
tissues out of my nose.  Smiley

Hoppy

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #22 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 9:48am

yep, Benadryl.. in Texas the pollen is terrible and my head is stopped up and the old allergy headaches are abounding.. I think about half the people in Texas have sinus infections and I'm boarding on one. 

Saline rinse of the sinus helps some.. and Benadryl. Not much else you can do till you get an infection then it's antibiotics (UGH!)..

Just the season.. Hope it goes away soon..  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #23 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:18am

Hello all,

I can't buy Benadryl in Ireland, so I buy a generic product through EBay. See below:

Regards,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #24 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 10:52pm

My doctor said when he gets unusual headaches he goes home and makes wild, passionate love with his wife and perhaps I should try the same thing.

Didn't help my headaches but he sure has a nice house.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!