Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
R.I.P. Mike Pollock (Read 3311 times)
Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
R.I.P. Mike Pollock
Jun 23rd, 2015 at 8:12pm

This is a sad day for OUCH, on Saturday June 20th, our much loved and respected Chairman, Mike Pollock passed peacefully away surrounded by his family at his home.  He had been suffering from cancer for some months, but typically he kept his health problems to himself and put everyone else first.  He fought this final battle with great courage, dignity and humour, and right up until the middle of last week was still involving himself in OUCH business. 

Every CH sufferer in the UK has benefitted in one way or another from Mike's unceasing hard work tracking down treatments, approaching government departments, working with the NHS to raise the profile of CH and to gain OUCH a reputation as an expert patient group.  He will be missed by thousands, not just in the UK, but throughout the worldwide cluster headache community.

Colin Allen

Deputy Chairman
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2015 at 8:13pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: R.I.P. Mike Pollock
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2015 at 10:00pm

May he rest in PF.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:07am

RIP Mike.. Prayers to his family and friends.. he will be missed.

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:45pm

RIP Mike.

Ouch UK has been a great help to me and many others.

A life well lived.

« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:47pm by Peter510 »  

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 2:06pm

Cry

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 1:56pm

So very sorry. It hurts to lose the good ones.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:36pm

Callico wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 1:56pm:
It hurts to lose the good ones.

Totally agree. The good work he did will benefit others with CH for years to come.

IP Logged

Stevo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 6:25am

Interesting article on Mike in a UK national newspaper.

As my first post I can't post the link but you can google - daily mail Mike Pollock.

absolute tragedy.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #8 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 5:09pm

Stevo wrote on Jul 5th, 2015 at 6:25am:
Interesting article on Mike in a UK national newspaper.

As my first post I can't post the link but you can google - daily mail Mike Pollock.

The article is:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #9 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 5:53pm

Mike,

Thank you for providing that link.

Heart breaking.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #10 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 4:06pm

Thank you for the link, Mike, and for alerting us to it, Stevo.

The NHS has some serious issues, but due to the system they don't seem interested in fixing it.  Cry

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #11 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 5:39am

They're not interested Jerry. And the word compassion is not in their vocabulary. They disgust me. The NHS has it's good points but caring isn't one of them.

My Dad died suddenly and unexpectedly because of a hospital mistake. I started an investigation but was too intimidated to carry it through. They all ganged up on me, took advantage of my vulnerabilty (I was in a state of utter shock and dibelief, not to mention grief) and brow beat me into dropping it. They sat around a table and they lied to my face, denied conversations I'd had with them, and contradicted each other. They refused to show me the coroners report and I didn't know at the time that I could demand to see it. But they did point out several times that according to that report, my Dad had coronary artery disease, "so he was going to die anyway".

OH WELL, THAT'S OK THEN............

I completely lost all trust and faith in them, but I will go to my grave believing that they killed my father.

In another incident, my husband was told that he had thyroid cancer. As thyroid cancer spreads more rapidly than other kinds there was little hope. I broke my heart for three weeks while he got his life in order and updated his will. And guess what - there was no cancer. It turned out to be a goitre which was removed, healed, cured. No apology or explanation from them though. We were just left to deal with it.

I didn't know Mike Pollock, but he was clearly a wonderful man and will be a great loss to humanity. The NHS has killed him as surely as they killed my Dad.

Rest in peace Mike. No more pain now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!