Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A few good years! (Read 1108 times)
R Feist
CH.com Newbie

x1|Laguna Hills|USA|usa|55|212|CA,California
A few good years!
Aug 6th, 2015 at 2:59am

I was watching something on YouTube about pain. As I watch I chuckled, because I knew that no one understands pain as much as I do. I tear up just remembering what it was. Then I remembered this site. I come back here for two reasons.
First to thank you, and second to thank you. I remember the first day I found you in the early 2000's as I suffer through another cycle. I didn't know what was happening to me as my headaches got stronger. I was taking 4 dozen Tylenol a day for the headaches. My doctor laughed at me, saying migranes where not real. I was sitting at my desk at work and searched headache cures and accidentally found you. I cried at my desk for an hour reading the stories on the front page. I found someone that knew what was going through. Because of you I had a name to what was hurting me, and with all  the discussions you had I was able to manage this and saw the light at the end of the tunnel twice a year when the new cycle started. It gave me hope.
It has been many years since my last cycle, as I am in my mid fourties now. I live everyday remembering the times during and between cycles. The bulk of my adult life was consumed by these things, but the second half was guided by you with the hope for a cure. Luckily it appears I have outgrown these. And this is why I want to say thank you now. I hope I never NEED to be here again. Every time a cycle started in the past, my first search was here, praying for a solution.

With this message I want to give hope to anyone that will listen, that there might be a time when this thing leaves you for good.

Wish me goodbye and hope I never HAVE to come here again.

Please keep doing what you are doing, you are the little bit of hope we silent people keep loggining in for.

I will remember you always and support in anyway I can.

Richard Feist.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: A few good years!
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 4:16am

Travel safely, friend, though our door is ever open to you. I'm dinkum thrilled you're fully in control and thank you for giving us hope.

See you down under for a beer?

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 9:47am

Glad you're PF, but instead of going away, why not stay and HELP someone else. some of us have been PF for years, but come here every day to see who we can help because we remember when we needed the help.

Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:50am

Hi Richard,
I was pleased to read you've been having some pain free time, but always be wary, the beast is never far away. So,  keep stocked up on meds just in case.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2015 at 5:40am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!