Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
lost it! (Read 2167 times)
helliknowpain
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Ontario, Canada
lost it!
Sep 12th, 2015 at 8:03pm

So I've been doing so good with the cycle I'm in and thinking maybe it's prematurely over, I thought I'd test the water with a Vodka and Sprite. FAIL!!!.
Took a 5-6 kip and the kind that came on slow and didn't get better or worse, just hung there at 5-6 for an hour or so. The ones I hate the worst, cause for me, they're the ones that could go on all night.
I took some advice from here and tried a really hot shower, it worked!  I had the water so hot it would burn the skin, so I positioned myself so the water would only hit my head. Odd thing was, as hot as the water was, I really didn't feel any heat from it on my head??? but if the water hit my skin it would burn. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this?? I worked, that's all that matters, cus I was heading for a long night. But it was strange.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: lost it!
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2015 at 11:22pm

Exactly the same for me. One night I even managed to scald my scalp, half my hair fell out, and I didn't know until morning it had happened.

I now try to be more careful given the shyacking I got at the pub.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 3:05am

The way we can tolerate such heat speaks volumes of the pain that a CH inflicts. Put any "normal" person in such a hot shower and it'd be called torture and yet it can work for us.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 1:02pm

We've read good success reports from using a hot hair dryer.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Chappy444
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Bel Air, MD USA
Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2015 at 7:33pm

its funny, I am new here.  it took me awhile to realize that there are others out there like me.  when my doc said less than .05% my first thought was..."it figures" and then I thought I will probably never find someone that understands...but back on point.  the more I read on this site the more I am amazed at how people end up trying the same things with out talking to each other about it first...
case in point, the hot water.  when I got my first attack I thought it was sinus so I got in the shower with hot water hoping to break loose whatever god forsaken thing was blocking my sinuses and causing the pain...standing there with near scalding water beating on my face, snorting and blowing, trying anything to free up the "sinus pressure". and thankfully just about the time the hot water tank would go cold, the pain would start to subside.  the hot water still helps when I get the bad ones at night. my doctor says that nerves can only transmit one kind of pain at a time and that I am just trading one pain for another... I tell him that the scalding hot water feels way better than the cluster and he just grimaces.
AussinBrian, that sucks about your hair falling out, I will have to be careful.  back when my kids were little I turned the temp down on my water heater to a point where it wouldn't scald (just in case) and I never have turned it back up...I guess my laziness has saved what little hair I have left...LOL

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 1:21am

I can't resist jumping into this conversation...

Take the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day plus Omega-3 Fish Oil and the vitamin D3 cofactors and you can mainline all the vodka and sprite you want without fear of a head banger... not to mention save a lot money... and hair by not using so much hot water.

See your PCP for the 25(OH)D lab test.  This is the serum level metabolite of vitamin D3 that's used to measure its status...  The normal reference range for 25(OH)D is 30 to 100 ng/mL, (75 to 250 nmol/L). 

Virtually every CH'er who's gone in for this lab test in an active bout of CH has had the results come back less than 30 ng/mL, (75 nmol/L).

As CH'ers we need to keep our 25(OH)D up around 80 ng/mL, (250 nmol/L).

See the following link for more details:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The "How To" and list of supplement for this regimen are half way through this page.

Take care and don't be afraid to try this very healthy regimen of vitamins and minerals...  It won't do much for male pattern baldness... but it makes some very nasty medical conditions like Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, prostate cancer and a host of autoimmune diseases a no worry...

Take a look at the column on the left at following link for a growing list of medical conditions either prevented or successfully treated with vitamin D3 and the cofactors...  Lots of gold standard RCT to back up the claims.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #6 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 6:29pm

Some folk get the same relief by having a really cold shower. No hair loss with this one  Smiley

Hoppy

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 11:05pm

Yup, what Hoppy said. Or an ice pack. Or sticking your face in the freezer.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!