Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ill before cycle starts... (Read 1130 times)
Jimmy_B.
CH.com Alumnus

USS Missouri BB-63 Veteran

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Ill before cycle starts...
Sep 17th, 2015 at 4:49pm

For the past 3 or 4 cycles, I noticed that I became ill (usually a bad cold) immediately before the clusters started. I have been an episodic since I was 15 y/o. I am now 49 and never remember this happening before.
On Labor Day week-end, I got a virus from Hell. Raging fever, body aches and pains, and nausea. I finally started feeling better on Tuesday Sept 8 and on Thursday Sept 10 my clusters started up again.
I'm not sure if the beginning of the cycle is messing up my immune system which brings on the illness (as I get older) or the illness is a trigger for the Clusters???
Has anyone else noticed this type cluster behavior - illness prior to the cycle?

"I'd much rather be HAPPY then RIGHT any day" (Slartibartfast). Always remember your towel and "DON'T PANIC!  

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Ill before cycle starts...
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 6:31pm

Batch has posted about illness depleting vitamin D3 reserves, so this could be enough to tilt you into a CH cycle.

Batch will no doubt post more details...

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:18am

I remember this question coming up quite a few times in the past. Enough times for me to believe there could very well be a connection between clusters and an infection.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Jimmy_B.
CH.com Alumnus

USS Missouri BB-63 Veteran

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 2:40pm

Thanks guys. I heard something about the D3 supplements. It would be worth a try. These past 3 or 4 cycles have been almost like clockwork...Start in September with a bad cold and when I'm beginning to feel better, BAMMM Shocked...I wake up at 2am with a bad shadow. Then it gets worse and worse for about 2 to 3 months.

But this past one wasn't a cold. It was a bad virus (Flu or otherwise).

They say that clusters begin to die down as you get older. That doesn't seem to be happening with me, as of yet Huh

"I'd much rather be HAPPY then RIGHT any day" (Slartibartfast). Always remember your towel and "DON'T PANIC!  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 9:22am

Hey Jimmy,

Thank you for your Service...  Regarding the frequency and severity of CH slowing down as you get older...  Well...  I'm 71 and if I stop taking the vitamin D3 regimen, the beast jumps ugly on me in less than a week...  even less time when the pollen count is high...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 1:47pm

I didn't start till I was 57 - but then, women don't get clusters, do they. !!!   Wink

IP Logged

Scorpion
CH.com Junior

lemons to lemonade

KCMO
Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 9:25am

For me it's allergies. They mimic a cold sometimes. Some people think that most colds are actually allergies or at least started out that way and progressed into a cold.

Life's a garden, dig it.

IP Logged

mamagoober
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:34pm

I just started my 4th cycle and all but the first (at least I don't remember) started with a cold that seems to settle into a sinus infection and so I get sinus headaches for a few weeks or months and then kablammo, clusters. This time I was super diligent to make sure I didn't get the sinus infection. Still got clusters. So it's not the sinus infection per se for me at least.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!