Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GEEZZZ!!! (Read 3039 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
GEEZZZ!!!
Sep 20th, 2015 at 10:11pm

I've had a month of Mondays.. Two computers went down in a week - one fried totally and the other one .. it's up for now (my business computer - thank goI'odness for that)...

Now I've got a new laptop that I'm trying to learn to use - it's got WIN-8 on it right now and I'm totally confused on it. I think WIN-10 is less complicated. May go to it..

And then today.. My a/c went out.. That did my head a lot of good!  It's freezing up - I thaw it out - cool the house a little - then it freezes up again. It's been doing this two weeks in a row.. added Freon -- has to be something else... a/c guy is supposed to be out tomorrow.. Hope the Home Warranty is ready to PAY..

This has just not been my year at all. I'm about ready to go to sleep and wake up in a new century. 

Ok, vent about over.. I'm just now getting over the withdrawal of not having a computer. Oh and I had to buy a new printer too..

It's just been one damned thing after another damned thing since May..

But the year ain't over..  Tongue

Wishing everyone a PF night. Think I'm gonna try to sleep till the a/c freezes up again..  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Re: GEEZZZ!!!
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 8:36pm

Barb,

Ya' know..... it sounds like you are "living life" and rolling with the punches. Over the years, you've been knocked and dragged out - but you always come up with a grin - and a good word for others.

Kiss

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 2:49am

Hi Barbara,
You know how the old saying goes! It never rains but It pours! Fingers x It stops pouring.

Hoppy.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 5:39pm

Barbara,

Was it not a wise woman who once said....."What don't kill ya, makes ya strong".  ?????

Keep the faith.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 6:12pm

Your coils are probably dirty they need acid washing.

Mark.

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #5 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 8:42am

Even simpler, check for a dirty air filter.  Low airflow accross the coils will cause them to freeze.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #6 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 9:38am

FINALLY got the warranty people to get an a/c guy out here and the inside unit needs replacing - coils rusted out or something.. anyhow it's leaking out the Freon..

BUT the idiot just left without doing anything to get me any cool UNTIL he checked with the warranty company to see what they were going to pay for.. I asked him to put some Freon in it to last me UNTIL he did his checking - he didn't have ANY Freon on his truck - WHAT????

So I ended up calling a local a/c guy (know him pretty well) and he came out and put some Freon in to last me until the warranty people decide what to do. He's still laughing about the other guy not having any Freon. Do I just attract IDIOTS???

But I'm really liking this laptop. I did end up putting WIN-10 on it and am actually going thru the tutorial. It ain't perfect, but it's better that 8. And it has a touch screen - that's neat for a LOT of things. Got a mouse hooked up for the rest.

Now my next project is trying to figure out about the CLOUD.. I don't know beans from shineola about that, but from what I've been told, I need to put my business computer in it and then I can download it into the laptop and not pull my hair out if one goes down. Does that sound right?

Oh come on guys.. you all know I've come a LONG way on these computers .. but I still don't understand everything I know (or don't know). Every time I get something in my brain - IT CHANGES..

Love you all  Kiss

IP Logged

Mark Olson
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

San Jose, CA
Reply #7 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 5:38pm

Regarding your Win 8 computer, I use a product called Classic Shell (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register) on my Win 8 Machines.  It gives you back your Win 7 user interface, even slightly improved.  It is free, unless you want to make a donation.

I won't use Win 10 since they dropped Media Center from it.

Regarding the AC, I feel your pain.  My supercharged 96 Mustang Cobra developed an AC leak and was miserable to drive.  Fortunately, it was the Schrader valve that developed the leak, a very easy fix for me.

Good luck.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #8 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 7:00pm

Hey Barbara, donuts help well when it seems the earth is caving in on ya. Eclairs are even better.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #9 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 7:49am

Going to the store for Elclairs.. forgot CHOCOLATE always works.. Smiley

And my school reunion is this weekend so I'm going to go have a great time and FORGET this mess for a day or so and be 18 again. My younger brother's (deceased) class is in charge of the reunion this year and it should be fun.

My class (us older kids) have numerous siblings in that class (1965) so for a year we've been giving them "advice" on how to put on an all-school reunion..  Roll Eyes  but so far NO ONE has outdone what our class did.. we've got hopes for our little brothers and sisters.  Wink

Anyhow, it's going to be a fun weekend. I'm staying with a classmate - we "reconnect" every year and really enjoy our "daylight" coffee time on her front porch. We sit out there in our jammies and drink coffee and watch the sun come up, while we solve all the world problems.

Anyhow ya'll have a PF weekend and I plan to also.. Luv ya all. Kiss

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #10 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 7:55am

Barb, you've been operating in the cloud ever since I've known you!

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #11 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 3:50pm

BarbaraD wrote on Sep 23rd, 2015 at 9:38am:
Now my next project is trying to figure out about the CLOUD.. I don't know beans from shineola about that, but from what I've been told, I need to put my business computer in it and then I can download it into the laptop and not pull my hair out if one goes down. Does that sound right?

Using the cloud is pretty straightforward if you're using it to store documents. I've been using Dropbox for years, but you'll also find that Microsoft's OneDrive will have been automatically set up for you when you went to Windows 10.

Both use "normal" folders on your PC to store documents, so you can load and save files as normal. But the magic is that in the background the documents are copied over the internet to servers run by whichever cloud storage company you're doing.

If you use more than one PC, they can all access this cloud storage, so you could do some work on a document on one PC, save it and then start working on it on a different PC. This is great when you have a PC at work and one at home or if your PC dies, you just need to connect the new one up to the cloud storage and it'll download your documents you had stored in the cloud.

Dropbox also has a web user interface (not sure about OneDrive), so if you've access to any PC, you can sign in and access your documents from anywhere (with the right username / password of course).

There is loads of stuff on the web about using Dropbox, OneDrive and multiple other similar cloud storage systems. Just Google "getting started with dropbox" or similar.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #12 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 10:17am

Bob P wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 7:55am:
Barb, you've been operating in the cloud ever since I've known you!

LOL... and you're not too far wrong when it comes to computers.. I remember you having to WALK me thru Paypal (I've set it up for several clients now and it really isn't THAT hard, but it was Greek to me at one time) and wanting to come thru the phone line with a baseball bat... Smiley

But I've come a LONG way..  Smiley 

A friend of mine (a VERY technical friend) was up here last night hooking up a new computer and we didn't have a wire (cable or whatever) long enough to hook up the modem, and he was trying to explain to me what to do when I pick up the long wire from him today.. You put this end in in this little hole and run it to the modem and put the other little doo-hickey in that hole (make sure it clicks). I understood THAT part - THEN he started to explain WHY!!!! Lips Sealed  He lost me totally there..  Roll Eyes

You know the axiom with surgeons: Watch one- do one- teach one... well with me and computers it's WATCH an LISTEN a LOT - then try try try (until it gets thru my thick head) And then the light comes on and I can tell someone else how EASY it is.. (right before they CHANGE it to something else! Undecided)

So I've got some "studying" to do on the cloud, dropbox and OneDrive.. (and I've seen the OneDrive in Win-10 - just didn't know what it was).

But not today.. I'm headed out to go play at the reunion today. This is for next week..

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #13 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 10:48am

Hey Barbara, if you need some cool air you can always come over here and stay with me for a few months   Grin- winter's on the way and it's getting colder by the day Cry

IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #14 - Nov 28th, 2015 at 9:00pm

and i quote you..."Do I just attract IDIOTS???"
i say emphatically and without a shred of wisdom..look unto the depth of yer soul Barb..."magnetism fer "idiots" has not been dealt with in the Marvel comic book series...YOU may have an unrecognized super power. I beg of thee...don't sell yerself short

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!