Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New article from the Psychedelic Times! (Read 1332 times)
DJ
YaBB Administrator

Boyz Rule!

Wichita, KS
New article from the Psychedelic Times!
Sep 28th, 2015 at 7:26am

Check out this interesting article from the Psychedelic Times!

Ending the Pain: Psychedelics Show Promising Results Treating Cluster Headaches

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present).  Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Re: New article from the Psychedelic Times!
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 7:57am

Thanks for the update

Mark

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 6:42pm

Thanq DJ, for sharing this article with us. You can find more articles like this one, and much more, on facebook, at Cluster Headaches Bulletin.

Cheers, Hoppy.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2015 at 7:30pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 3:22am

Excellent article. My only quibble is the use of that "C" word, but I guess it comes as close to it as anything.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

PsychedelicTimes
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 3:45pm

Hi DJ,

I just wanted to thank you for sharing the article. We recently launched PsychedelicTimes a little over 2 months ago and it's already getting some traction.

It was only a 6 months ago that I first learned about cluster headaches at an MAPS.org event in Palo Alto CA.

To date this is our second most read article and I have received 5 or 6 personal messages from people suffering from CH. 3  of them were asking me for mushrooms.

I only wish I could help and get the medicine to these people. I deeply sympathize with this situation and only hope that we can get a move forward toward these alternative options. 

Joe

Smiley

IP Logged

PsychedelicTimes
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 3:47pm

Hi Jerry, I don't understand what you mean by use of the "C" word. Sorry this is all new to me I just recently joined the group.

Callico wrote on Sep 30th, 2015 at 3:22am:
Excellent article. My only quibble is the use of that "C" word, but I guess it comes as close to it as anything.

Jerry

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 4:15pm

PsychedelicTimes wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 3:47pm:
Hi Jerry, I don't understand what you mean by use of the "C" word. Sorry this is all new to me I just recently joined the group.

Callico wrote on Sep 30th, 2015 at 3:22am:

Jerry

I believe Jerry is talking about using the word "cure".

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2015 at 1:26pm

You bet he is talking about the word "CURE"

That's a dirty word around here and in the CH community as a whole.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #8 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:09am

Hi Joe, and welcome! So glad to have you on board!

Indeed, "cure" is the word I objected to. To those outside of the CH world, "cure" seems innocuous, and in truth, it is a very good word if you are talking about a curable disease. The problem is, there is no cure for CH. I'm not pointing a finger at you, for I know you don't mean anything negative here, but because of all of the snake oil salespeople who promise us "cures" we tend to bridle at the word.

I hope that explains it for you, and again, I meant nothing derogatory toward you. I am most appreciative of your bringing our plight to light. After 40 plus years, over 12 of them refractory chronic, I am ecstatic to have someone bring it to people's attention. Thank you.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #9 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 4:16am

There is no cure, yet.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #10 - Nov 28th, 2015 at 7:57pm

yup... ya just gotta tritsel ever so gently round that durned "C" word.
A gentle batch of homegrown Peruvian shrooms ...what is it now? 10 years? ...
it's fuckin 10 years without any doses...I'm CURED!
and except for a couple days in (10 years)of kip 3's that scared the shit out of me...an were handled gently with ice packs, Ibubrofen, and my ever ready gathering dust O2 rig...i bees CURED!
....uhhh...then... there is NOW. I hate fuckin now...butt...i love my O2...sumthin I learned here at CH.com. Been thru 5 er 6 e tanks in the past few weeks. Don't cry fer me Argentina!...I haven't been past kip 5...and kill the fuckers easily....so far.
i think the shroom alien spores are buried deep in my whatsit...and...somehow are battling this dark side demon.
once again...
....cause what true clusterhead (epidodic-left side)...puts an icepack on his head....sucks an 8th tank of an e tank...and is all better? often never going over kip 2-4? BY GAWD! thas unheard of! Sometimes 3 a night.
an has 3 days of NO CH in between?
Just fuckin weird.
I have not researched the availabilty of spores in over 10 years...butt...it is crossing my mind....fer a CURE.
BTW...my old CH friend Mitch Derrick...Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
ty-feed-wrappe

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!