Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another bout with the beast :( (Read 1280 times)
Mark Olson
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

San Jose, CA
Another bout with the beast :(
Nov 9th, 2015 at 5:23pm

I let myself get optimistic.  I should learn not to do that.

My last episode was in June and was very mild.  It lasted only about 3 days, with mild headaches, mostly quickly aborted with O2.

I started the D3 regimen in late July.  I felt great as I went past the equinox and then the time change.  I thought I had dodged the bullet.

This episode began on November 5th with a K2.  I didn't bother with O2 since it was only a K2.  Until last night, I just had one or two K2s per night plus a few shadows, so I thought this episode might be like the one in June.

I had a couple of short K2s last evening, but was awakened at about 2am with a full fledged K7. I think I woke up too late because O2 didn't touch it.  It lasted for about an hour.

I just woke up from a nap this afternoon with another K2.

I am not suffering from a cold nor do I have any worse allergies than normal.

My plan is to get my D3 level tested, and then load up with extra D3 going forward.

I am really glad this condition waited to hit me until after I retired.  I would sure hate to have to worry about a job while going through this.

Thanks for listening while I engage in my recreational
b!tching.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Another bout with the beast :(
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2015 at 7:52pm

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the update.  You may have an allergy cooking that's keeping the anti-inflammatory regimen from preventing your CH.

You might want to give Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) a try.  25mg twice a day (one tab every 12 hours) or if you need to drive, 50 mg with the evening meal.

Talk to your PCP about this.

Take care and please keep us posted

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2015 at 12:07am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

maryo
CH.com Veteran

Johnny & Roy puzzle where
to apply the O2 mask

x1|Little Deer Isle|USA|usa|536|53|ME,Maine
Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 9:47pm

Good place to complain! That's worth something

I stopped complaining to anyone who was not CH-savvy (everyone I knew) because they used to say, "Do you think it's stress?"

This is the place to go where people will understand.

I really don't ever have a mild CH. They are all 7+.

Hope you get it sorted out!

IP Logged

Mark Olson
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

San Jose, CA
Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 12:49pm

I doubled my D3 dose to 20,000 during this bout.  I needed to stay sharp, so I held off on trying the Benadryl.

I have been pain free for 3 days now.  Assuming this episode is over, it only lasted 8 days and I only had 2 K7s.  Almost all of the others were about K2.

As an optimist, I am going to declare victory, at least for his battle.  I'll credit my low dose of Verapamil plus the D3 regimen.

Thanks for being there for me.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 11:13pm

Keep the Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) handy

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Mark Olson
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

San Jose, CA
Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 12:00am

Will do.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!