Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Freddies back but we're kickin' his ass! (Read 1849 times)
debpa
CH.com Junior

Function before form....every
time.

x0|hunlock creek|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Freddies back but we're kickin' his ass!
Nov 27th, 2015 at 1:54pm

Hi all, Baer is back in cycle after a three and a half year remission.  Started, as is typical, around the time change late October. He has been taking the D3 regime diligently since April 5, 2012 which we are convinced has kept this bastard at bay for so long.

This current cycle is also proof that the regime is working because this has so far been the LIGHTEST one ever.  He has several days in between headaches and when he does have them it is just one or two during a 24 hour period.  He has had three thus far which required O2 to put it to rest in a few minutes.  Only one of these occurred during the night so he has been getting plenty of rest.  Smiley

Having just read the updates on the D3 regime, he will be adding 50B and the multi vitamin. 

I am so very encouraged by this development and we are both happy that he will get through this cycle without excruciating pain.  Thank you Batch and to all who have been so supportive through the years.   

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Freddies back but we're kickin' his ass!
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2015 at 6:31am

Go Debpa! Go, Baer!

Kick ass for yourselves and for every one of us !!!!

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Freddies back but we're kickin' his ass!
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 1:54am

Hey Debpa,

Thanks for the update.  An allergic reaction can cause problems for the anti-inflammatory regimen.  Some allergic reactions can be sub-clinical...  i.e., no obvious or outward symptoms.  Accordingly, make sure Baer gives Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) a try.  A 25 mg Benadryl tablet every 12 hours for at least a week to 10 days should be sufficient.  Just have him be careful if he needs to drive as Benadryl will make him drowsy.

If he needs to drive during the day, have him wait until he's home for the night then have him take two of the 25 mg Benadryl tablets with the evening meal.

If Baer isn't completely pain free after a week of Benadryl, start looking for another spoiler like a viral or bacterial infection.  Have him check with his PCP if this is the case.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2015 at 1:56am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!