Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
first timer (Read 1597 times)
gil
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

first timer
Dec 14th, 2015 at 10:14pm

For the first time in my life I saw another clusterhead suffering maddly (on utube). I saw myself and immediately began to ball like a little baby. My last season was 9 months with 45 days of absolute crisis pain. Time for another round but thankfully the monster is still hibernating. Verapimil is my staple, but I take so many for so few results. Johny on the spot is rizatriptan, but I better not delay, otherwise it is the imitrex injector. Short suplies and desperation-not a good combination!
Gil
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2015 at 6:33am by gil »  

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Re: first timer
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 11:37pm

Hi gil and welcome,
Have a look at the vitamin D regime, It has many of us here CH free.

Hoppy

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 11:57pm

It's not at all easy watching someone have a CH as we all know just what they are going through. I don't think I've watched through an entire video as it is just too painful.

It also shows just what our supporters do, being there for us.

One other thing from your post, do not take rizatriptan and imitrex together (i.e. don't mix triptans). All triptans have a very similar action in constricting blood vessels, which can result in heart issues as their actions can be accumulative.

IP Logged

gil
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 6:48am

Thanks ya'll !
The sun provides vitiman D, I worked outdoors for most of my life. Not enough? I shall look into it.  Been suffering every winter for 30+ years.

Have wondered if I would survive the meds at times but I will try anything, even if it may result in death. I'm so sorry if it sounds familliar.

Talking about it for the first time is very painful too. I hope it helps.
Gil

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 7:13am

Gil,

D3, D3, D3.  What more can I say. I even have my Brother on it following recent surgery and his Doctors say his recovery is excellent.

Read up on it, ask questions and then start doing it. It has changed many many CH'ers lives and improves general well being.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 10:16am

D3! Chronic here since 97 and NOW PF for over 2 years and counting since going on the D2 regimen. BUT ya gotta do it right..

Any questions ask BATCH.. he's our guru on D3 and is wonderful about answering questions on it.

Best advice anyone on this board can give you is to READ READ READ.. There's about 100 years of KNOWLEDGE here that you won't find anywhere else. If it's been tried or researched - it's here (with results from actual CH sufferers).

One thing - we're all different and what works for one may NOT work on another (boy have we found that out over the years), but there is something that will help you if you look long enough - and we're here to HELP.. but we don't have a "magic" cure (there ain't no cure).

So sit back - tell us about yourself - we're one big family and are nosey  Smiley. You can't say anything some of us haven't already been thru (just read the archives).

Welcome to Clusterville... Wishing you a lot of PF days and SOON.  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

gil
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 12:31pm

Ok, it makes some sense, for many, many years I received a superabundant amount of sunlight in the summer(CH free for the most part) and obviously less sunlight in the winter. (C3 is directly related to ultraviolet light.) CHs were 6 weeks to 6 months with little perceived difference in amount of winter light.
Last winter spent most days indoors-9 months CHs.(WORST EVER)
This year shaping up the same, no sunlight-but no CH yet.(nearly 2 months past due). (I dont care why not!)
I WILL DO IT STARTING WITH 10,000 IU PER DAY.
If by chance this does not work, psylesybin mushrooms are next, though scarry.
BTW, I am w/out healthcare after a 27 years with.
Will let you know and thanks for your kind word and encouragement.
Gil
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2015 at 12:38pm by gil »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #7 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 1:57pm

Gil,
You may need to take more than 10,000 per day at the start. You should read up as much as you can on this and/or PM Batch for direction.

You should also get your D3 level checked now so you know where you are starting from.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!