Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clusterhead Meeting... (Read 3060 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Clusterhead Meeting...
Jan 13th, 2016 at 8:16am

Last Saturday I had a great day with Chuck in Corsicana TX. He was in Texas visiting his brother and got in touch with me and I drove down there and met his family (including his 93 year old Dad who I fell totally in love with) and we had a great day.

People (especially you newbies on here) DO NOT ever miss a chance of meeting with another Clusterhead. It's just something you don't want to miss.

Chuck's family laughed till they hurt as we told "war" stories about things we'd been thru and convention antics and about several of you guys...

His sister-in-law is a nurse and was interested in Clusters and asked a lot of questions which we were quick to answer (usually with a story that had her laughing before we got thru).

Anyhow it was a great day with the old goat and I enjoyed every minute of it. Of course the sad part was saying goodbye at the end of the day when I had to leave. But my dogs were waiting on me at the farm at home and they can get real nasty if Granny stays out too late.  Smiley

But even if you have to drive three or four hours to meet with another Clusterhead - DO IT.. it's worth every minute of it..

And for the record -- I've been doing this since 1999 and have yet to meet an axe murderer... and never a stranger.  Kiss Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Re: Clusterhead Meeting...
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 1:14pm

Convention antics....did you tell them about the hot tub at the gathering in Vegas?

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 2:41pm

There is nothing like meeting another clusterhead. It's an instant connection no matter the differences in lifestyle, job, finances, whatever. It's lifechanging. I'll never forget the first Davcon and driving to Davenport IA, where I could only stay 45 minutes before I turned around and drove the 2 1/2 hours back home. SO worth it! Met so many wonderful people with disparate backgrounds, but instantly family. Still in touch with quite a few, though several aren't on the boards anymore.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 3:38pm

BobG wrote on Jan 13th, 2016 at 1:14pm:
Convention antics....did you tell them about the hot tub at the gathering in Vegas?

Oh you mean when DJ put the bubble bath in the whirlpool?  Or the part where 10 of us were in it at the same time?  Is THAT what you're referring to Bob?

oops! I forgot -- what happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 7:23pm

The problem back then was trying keep BobG out of Las Vegas. He was there almost every day........
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2016 at 9:03am by Marc »  

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 12:11am

I totally agree about the instant connection when you meeting another clusterhead. I've met three so far and it is special as you have so much in common. I'd strongly second the suggestion of doing it if you can.

One was funny as it was someone I'd been working with for quite a few months without either of us knowing until I mentioned something about headaches and the other said that they could guarantee that theirs were worse. Hardly surprisingly, I assured them that mine could be pretty severe. We then realized that both of us were lucky enough to get both CH and migraines before we exchanged a load of info and stories that we both totally understood.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2016 at 12:16am by Mike NZ »  

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #6 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 5:14pm

I agree totally. An instant bond - because there's only us isn't there. No one else gets it.

If I had never had CH, I would never have met Brian and DennyM or Hoppy and Adda. I would never have talked to all you other guys and gals who have offered friendship, wise words and understanding. It's my great hope to meet more of you in person.

If I had the chance now to not have ever had CH, and therefore never to have found you all, I would be hard pressed not to turn it down. Every cloud has a silver lining. Smiley

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #7 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 5:57pm

Smiley It was great catching up with Maz and Len in my hometown Oxford! We spent time sightseeing and chatting over dinner at night. What would life be without fond memories.

Hoppy

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #8 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 6:24pm

We'll be doing it again one day Hoppy. I'm sure of it.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #9 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 7:33pm

maz wrote on Jan 14th, 2016 at 5:14pm:
If I had the chance now to not have ever had CH, and therefore never to have found you all, I would be hard pressed not to turn it down. Every cloud has a silver lining. Smiley

Boy howdy maz..... I buy that one.....

After almost 30 yrs of ch  I got hit with another, supposedly "worser" malady...the docs were perplexed when that "news" did not elicit the expected angst..it was "yeah...ok...I've seen worse". Tell you the truth...ch and THIS family are why I'm alive today....and OH...the other silver lining, I suppose...PAIN?...you call that pain?....that aint no stinkin' pain (gunshot, broken bones, car accidents, cuts, bruises, whatever..................)

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #10 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 4:35pm

Maz and Jon, I have to agree.

I don't count CH to be a curse, but a blessing. Sure, it has taken a lot out of my life, but what it has brought in return has far outweighed a little bit of pain over the last 40 some years. Even in the worst days when I went chronic and nothing was helping, I found such help from this family. This was back in the early days of this site and the stories from Lady E and Chuck and Drummer and Lady Luv and so many others, plus the encouragement, the offers of O2 when I was out, along with the support and education went far to create a family that is closer than my blood kin.

I have never had a desire to be wealthy, but if I ever come into a bunch of money, I hope it is enough to travel this world to say "thank you" to some very special people who have enriched my life.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #11 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 7:16pm

BUTT...think twice before you marry one...especially way younger ones....i must admit the mushrooms were nice....aw who am i kiddin...it was fun while it lasted...kinda....i once got into a fight at a convention...although i'm new here....i owe my life to the people here.

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #12 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 9:01am

That fight was in Atlanta wasn't it.. I think I remember a table being overturned.. But it ended up in a hug-fest.. scared the heck out of everyone who wasn't a cher in the bar..  Smiley

Those were the good old days..  Kiss Kiss

IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #13 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 8:38pm

SO True Barb...it just hurts so much you can't take it seriously or ya just kill yerself....a long ago early CH.COM convention as a Fatter of Mact it WAS in Hotlantta ... Jonny and I had built up this hatred wrestlemania scenario ...months ahead on this message board...and we did not backoff...there we met....finally...in the lounge of hollantta we finally met...in mortal combat...back when clusterheads could cuss and get  a joke....he threw my aged old ass around like a rag doll....we knocked over tables ...rolled on the floor...Jonny pulled all his punches...he knew he could beat me to a pulp ...gave me every moment to fight back...an i faked that...as best i kin remember...i lost....great fun...few are here now that witnessed that moment.....a Ch or Cb convention is nuthin you want to miss.  How much do you suffer?  Can you even imagine that there are folks out there that deal with the same agony that you do?

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!