Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More than 25 yrs with CH but brand new here (Read 2496 times)
DaveSpain
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Spain
More than 25 yrs with CH but brand new here
Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:14am

Hi, I al David from Europe (spain). I "lucky" because I suffer CH during 2-3 months every 2 years and repeat again,  but the las 5 years I was CH free....until last week. Sad
I starting the "normal" procedure, reading news about the CH and I meet kudzu and your website, I will start today with it 3 times per day 650 mg eachone. My doctora never ear about kudzu but I think could be a good idea try it. First of all sorry for my english Wink and thanks a lot for your web and help.
Best regards

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: More than 25 yrs with CH but brand new here
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 1:23pm

Starting on one new medication based on one mention can lead to much wasted time.

Suggest you print the article, below, and share with your doctor.
« Last Edit: Feb 29th, 2016 at 8:34am by Bob Johnson »  
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register (96 KB | 16 )

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 12:43am

Hi David and welcome

I agree with Bob's suggestion on working with your doctor first. Kudzu isn't something that gets mentioned too frequently as a preventive, with most people using one of the pharmaceutical preventives (verapamil / lithium / topamax) or the vitamin D3 regime is another popular choice.

But do go through things with your doctor first.

IP Logged

DaveSpain
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Spain
Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 5:26am

Hi and many thanks for your opinion, I agree with you and I talk about it with my doctor before try the zudzu.
She thinks like me, it's a natural element then we could try. It's really really soon to say, but the last 2 days the level of pain had decreased and I can suffer 30-60 min until the pain makes me take a triptan (25 mg of sumatriptan) and reduces the attacks to only one at night (always the biggest). Before the kudzu I suffered 2-3 "medium level" headaches during the day and if this remains I will be really happy  Cheesy
Thanks again for your opinion it's really valuable for me  Wink

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 7:24am

As long as your doctor is working with you, ask for the 25(OH)D lab test.  The odds are high you're vitamin D3 deficient.  The normal reference range for this lab test is 30 to 100 ng/mL...  It's a safe bet your 25(OH)D is less than 30 ng/mL.

If I'm correct, there's nothing wrong starting the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3.  It's an excellent, safe and healthy way to build your vitamin D3 status... Not to mention, prevent your CH in the process...

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2016 at 7:24am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

DaveSpain
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Spain
Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 7:51am

Sure, thanks for the point!, just tomorrow I have a visit with her. Regards

IP Logged

DaveSpain
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Spain
Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 2:12am

@batch, I received my blood analisys (before my doctor visit) and the level of 25(OH)D is 14,10 ng/mL  Shocked

IP Logged

DaveSpain
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Spain
Reply #7 - Feb 28th, 2016 at 3:32am

Amazing!!! 5 days of pain free, just 3,5 weeks after start to take D3 vitamin. I'm really surprised with the results, @Batch do you know of many time It's recommended continue with the vitamin, I'm not CH chronicol I have my "pain cicle" every 2 years (normally). Thanks a lot in advance.
In 2 weeks I make a new blood analysis, I will introduce the results. Regards and many, many thanks!!!!

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #8 - Feb 28th, 2016 at 5:51am

Dave,

Stay on the D3 forever. Aside from it keeping your CH at bay, it has lots of other health benefits.

You should follow Batch's guidelines regarding the duration of the loading dose and when to reduce to a maintenance dose of 10,000iu/day.

I have my whole family taking the D3 Regimen all year round. They don't have CH, but they don't have colds, flu and all the usual children's illnesses either. It's also very beneficial for healing after illness or surgery.

So, make it part of your daily routine and you may never have to worry about CH........just imagine that outcome.

Keep well,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #9 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:45am

Hola Dave,

Thanks for the update and feed back...  Peter is spot on...  You need to continue this regimen for the rest of your life... It will be a lot longer and healthier if you do...

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!