Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
8 years PF (Read 4274 times)
-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
8 years PF
Feb 23rd, 2016 at 8:34am

Well give or take a week or two it's been 8 years since my last attack. If I didn't know what I have learned from all of you I may have had 2 or 3 cycles since then. I really can't think of anything different about my last cycle other than the fact that I busted the last one. It's been a few years since I have done any kind of maintenance dosing. I still drive a truck. I still smoke about a pack and a half a day. Sorry if I haven't been around much lately.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Re: 8 years PF
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 9:48am

Hey, johnny . Good to see ya and hear the busting worked for you. I scrolled down to the bottom and noticed a lot of folks from the days gone by checking in. Hello to all of them.
Oh, johnny. Time to give up the smokes.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 5:27pm

Giving up the smokes is going to be hard. I need a plan.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 5:40pm

-johnny- wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 5:27pm:

Hiya Johnny...goodta hear from you again. PF is great no matter what the length...8 friggin' years is outstanding!! Made my day......

Re smoking..."giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world...I've done it a thousand times"   Mark Twain    I can relate to that and over a number of yrs quit for months to almost a yr...but always fell back in. 3 yrs ago my oncologist said chemo and smoking DON'T go together....I want you to quit. Me: "ok". Her: "Do you promise?" Me: "ummmmmmmmm-Yes!"

That was it...I'm a man of my word...no one had ever asked me to promise..it became a matter of honor as well as health.....(and I couldn't believe how much extra spending cash I ended up with!)

YMMV...I think the difference was a personal decision vs being TOLD what to do...

Best, brother,

Jon
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2016 at 7:17pm by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 7:32pm

-johnny- wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 5:27pm:

I did it with Champix. Not for everyone, I know, but it worked for me.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 7:39pm

I agree with Jon, you need an incentive.

Mine was a shitty diagnosis of Emphysema and Pulmonary Fibrosis on 7th July last year. I quit smoking on 7th July last year.

Johnny, you don't  want to wait for that kind of incentive, or worse.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 8:29pm

Good to see you posting.

I can't think of you without remembering stories and pictures from on the road, a discussion about quality boots. Then a painting of old boots by my favorite artist - inspired by your old boots....

You will quite smoking when you are ready, and not a minute before!

Glad to hear that you are well!

Marc

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 9:50pm

Johnny wrote, Giving up the smokes is going to be hard. I need a plan.

Nicotine is the fastest addictive drug known to mankind, tell me about it! I've tried everything over the past couple of years! I've puffed on e-cigs, sucked on Nicabate, I've read Allen Carr, Stop Smoking Now, nothings worked.

Now I spend my day puffing on my e-cig, sucking on Nicabate minnis and smoking cigarettes. 

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:52am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #8 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:22am

Hey Johnny,
Delighted that you are PF for so long.

About the ciggies, below is a copy of a post i put up a couple of months ago, it may be of help to you

As regards ending a relationship with nicotine,
I know you're not asking but i'm going to throw in my 2 pence.
I have smoked for nearly 35 years and just didn't want to go on -well, the brainwashing wanted me to go on smoking but i couldn't phathom the idea of an empty chair at my kids' weddings and the other horrible things that happen as a result of smoking.
There' s an English guy who wrote a book that has helped millions of people to stop and actually makes it easy -well, easier than i thought it would be-. His name is Allen Carr and the book is "easy way to stop smoking". With it, you put out your last cigarette as you finish the book. I read the book over and over for 2 months but not the last page until the end of  the 2 months. The reason I did this was that i really wanted this attempt to work so i prepared myself thoroughly by getting my brain washed by the book. And God knows my brain needed washing as regards cigarettes and nicotine.
So on the eve of the date i had told myself i would become a non-smoker i had my last cigarette as i read the last page of the book -late at night-.
For my 1st morning off the nicotine, I had orgnised a session with a good hypnohterapist followed by a session with a accupuncturist. (I really wanted to do all I could to make this attempt work).
I followed this up with 5 more sessions with the accupuncturist (1 session every 3 days).
With all this help, I found stopping smoking surprisingly easy, I did experience some cravings for around 3 weeks but they were surprisingly mild and easy to push aside, then eventually the cravings disapeared.
Today, i'm still off the cigarettes (6 months), and enjoying it so much. I realise how smoking kept my morale and enthusiasm about life down.
Since I stopped, I continue to feel better every day and I have put the money i would have spent on cigarettes in a box so I could treat myself to something rewarding.
In a couple of days -1st January-, my partner and I are heading off to south India for a month to soak up the sun, chill, and do a 10 days yoga retreat with a great teacher that we know, all with the money i didn't spend on the evil weed. Cigarettes are very expensive here in Ireland at more than €10/pack. (AUS$15 - US$12).

All the best

Happy trucking

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #9 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:40am

Thierry,  I see the photo didn't go through on the PM.

Here it is now:

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #10 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 5:06am

Thierry wrote,  Cigarettes are very expensive here in Ireland at more than €10/pack. (AUS$15 - US$12).

I wish! A pack of 25 can cost from $25.00 - $30.00 a pack, depending on the brand and where you buy them, 

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 6:25am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

MDB
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #11 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 7:47am

Inside my mind.. my thinkings.. i know.. there is a relationship between the cigarretes i smoke a day.. and the hardest is the crisis..
Sometimes i dont want to see it.. sometimes.. i preffer to think that this headache its my fault.. because i smoke..

14 days ago.. i decided to change things in my life.. change diet.. and change the way i smoke..
I buy natural tobacco ( from a farmer.. that made tobacco totally nature..he send me very blonde tobacco smash ) and i made my personal cigarretes with tubes ecologics..

i try to smoke.. at least 7-8 at a day..
i not eat preprocessed food.. i no eat sugar or glucosse..
Smoke--->etanol .. bad thing for our brains..

I know.. its very dificult to quit.. but we can try to smoke cigarretes more... "BIO" ?? lol lol . or try to say.. "im going to smoke only 1 every 2 hours..

GOOD LUCK !!

« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 7:53am by MDB »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #12 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 8:47am

Wow hoppy, that is sooo expensive for a box of smokes.

Hi MBD,
the way you smoke now is very likely to be better for you than the Marlboro, Camel or the likes because you're not getting all the chemicals that are in the ready made cigarettes or even the ready made roll up tobacco.
You are still getting nicotine though and that is a large part of the addiction. And you're still getting the tar that is clogging up your lungs and arteries and veins.

It appears that stopping smoking does not have a beneficial effect on the CH, I'm just saying that from what I have read here from other CH.com members.
As for me stopping smoking, I was already Pain Free thanks to the D3 regimen when i stopped smoking so didn't notice any improvements to my CH when i stopped.

All the best

« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 9:18am by thierry »  

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #13 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 9:58am

Boy I sure do miss all of you. There are many prescription drugs I can't take because of my occupation. But yeah I need to quit. There is a lot of unfinished projects around here that I want to get done.

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:33am

Nice to see you ya handsome devil.

Potter

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #15 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:35am

I guess I should post a few pics while I'm at it.
Cincinnati skyline at 3am
This picture doesn't do the scene any justice but I think this large brick building is a power plant. Beyond the building is the Ohio river

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #16 - Feb 28th, 2016 at 8:48pm

Not the same as the Rockies!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!