Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Guess what ? Me and the devil are back !!! (Read 4165 times)
Blue Meanie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Guess what ? Me and the devil are back !!!
Mar 19th, 2016 at 4:27am

Sorry it's been so long but you know how it goes. SEVEN, yes, you read that right, SEVEN years pain free until now. Wow, I thought the devil was gone for good, Haven't even had second thoughts about the f'er until now. Anyway, it's good to see the same folks have stayed so long and are still supporting those in need. Anything new out there in the last 7 years I may want to ask the doc about ?

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: Guess what ? Me and the devil are back !!!
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 5:34am

Blue Meanie,

Welcome back. 7 years is about the longest break I've ever heard of. You must be in despair.

New????  D3. Read all about it in the Meds & Treatments section, under the thread "123 days pain free.....".

Ask questions. Then start doing it.

As a wise women said recently...." You've nothing to lose but your headache".

Keep us updated,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Blue Meanie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 6:56am

Hi Peter. Yes, it is strange, I never heard of anyone going that long either. Had them for 28 years then poof, gone. I will give the D3 vitamins a try, thanks for the info. That "Batch" is a smart guy, can't never hurt to listen to him.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 10:40am

Bob - Sorry you're back, but so glad to learn of the fantastic break you caught for the last 7 years.

Give me a call on my cell. PM me if you don't still have my number. We should plan to get together. So much has occurred since the last time we talked.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Blue Meanie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 5:51pm

I'll give you a call Bill. Been going down memory lane looking at pics of Clusterheads. Some of you still around may remember this cake my wife Cindy made for us.  Cheesy

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 2:18pm

Sorry you're back (but you should have stayed around in the first place), but we're still here..

The D3 is working so good for me - 2 years and counting. It's wonderful.. Talk to Batch if you have any questions..

And I think the 02 demand valve has come into being in the last 7 years - it's works really good too to stop these things in their tracks. Before the D3 it was my lifeline..

Oh gosh, you've got lots of reading to do.. The last 7 years have been busy.. Sorry to hear the beast found you, but good to see you..  Kiss Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2016 at 1:17am

Hi Bob. Wish I didn't have to see you around here again. Thought we were rid of you.  Cheesy

The Vit D regimen gave me 80% relief after about 12 yrs refractory chronic, and then when I added 5 MeO DALT, I have gone 36 weeks nearly pain free, even this weekend, with the equinox!

Hope one or both of these can get you out of here again! (Please say hello to Cindy for me. i certainly remember that cake.)

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Blue Meanie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 6:11am

Hopefully it's just too soon, but the D3 isn't doing nothing for me. Thank you CH angel for helping me until I see the Neuro. There is no way I would have survived without your help. I almost forgot just how bad these thing are. Wow....

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #8 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 10:33am

Hi Blue,

I'm very sorry they have returned for you. Sad I hope you can get some relief soon!

Hugs,
Mel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #9 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 4:15am

Hi Blue meanie,
Are you taking the D3 loading doses, ie: 50000iu D3 once a week or more on top of the daily 10000 iu, as per Batch?
All the best

IP Logged

Blue Meanie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 12:33am

I'll have to go back and look at the amount suggested on the D3. I've been just taking 3 a day. GOOD NEWS is the  downing of a full "Red Bull" with a prescribed aspirin with codeine works pretty good. I've been getting these f'ers left and right & have aborted the last 9 of 14 attacks with it. The rest needed trex shots.

Hi Mellissa  Shocked

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #11 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 12:58am

Blue Meanie wrote on Mar 29th, 2016 at 12:33am:
...with a prescribed aspirin with codeine works pretty good.

Have you tried skipping the codeine part?

Narcotics don't really have a good, positive story with CH. Searching the forums you'll find plenty of reports of them causing a lot more trouble than they help with. I for one was given codeine to deal with my "headaches" before they were diagnosed and the result was lots of rebound headaches plus going through "fun" withdrawal symptoms when I came off them and that was after following the doctor's instructions to the letter.
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2016 at 12:59am by Mike NZ »  

IP Logged

Blue Meanie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #12 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 5:16am

The codeine is not stopping the clusters but it is definitely  helping the after-effects of all the soreness and swollen head when the attack is over. I'm not using it as a preventative. The first 10 years "before" imitrex all I did was narcotics so I know what you're saying. Looks like I need to double the amount of the D3, I'll give that a try.
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2016 at 5:43am by Blue Meanie »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #13 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 7:30am

Have you had your blood tested for serum D3 levels
(25OH D) ?

It's important to know your current level and have it checked about 4 weeks later. You need to get get it to 80ng/L or 200nmol/L before you can hope to get the full benefits.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!