Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Collector Cars (Read 1257 times)
Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Collector Cars
Apr 17th, 2016 at 2:51pm

1978 Pontiac Trans Am

Original owner. Ordered and purchased from Bob Neill Pontiac in Winston-Salem, NC.  This vehicle has been my pride and joy for almost 36 years.  I spec’d out and ordered this car myself, nothing on the lot would do. From the L78 (T/A 6.6) to the first year WS6 Special Performance Package I picked the options that would make my car the best performing among my circle of friends.  No T-tops….weighed too much. Everyone had black cars causing me to choose Chesterfield Brown. No radio because I wanted better than the factory offered. My concessions to creature comfort over performance would be A/C due to the humid NC summers and power windows. The Custom Trim Group looked better and weighed no more though I forgot to specify color keyed seat belts and it arrived with the standard black ones. I added the cruise control later mainly because of runs to the beach during the summer. It made it easier not to speed as I cruised through the numerous speed trap towns along the way.

After being my daily driver for a couple of years I had the car painted because I never was satisfied with the job Van Nuys Assembly did. I bought another vehicle and “the Trans Am” only came out on summer weekends and special occasions. Other than factory / dealership personnel and mechanics, I am literally the only one that has ever driven this car.

After much soul searching and life’s twists and turns, the time has come to part with the car that has meant so much to me through the years.  After being in storage for several years, I recently had a trusted mechanic go through the car from one end to the other doing anything needed to bring this car to top mechanical standards.  Resealed transmission, full tune up, new radiator, battery, valve cover gaskets, rebuilt carburetor, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, charged the A/C, new tires and much more.  The only unresolved problem that I know of is the cruise control will not work because the part needed to repair the system is no longer available from any source that I have found. If I were to keep the car, I would swap out the Alpine radio for a stock appearing unit in keeping with the unmolested appearance of the car. I’ll leave that choice to the new owner to make.

This is a survivor car with almost 58,000 miles not a full restoration. As such it’s not perfect but it’s close.  If you are looking for a survivor car with a full, documented history that needs very little if anything, this car just may be what you’ve been looking for. Garaged since new and driven in the snow only once there is no rust anywhere to be found, never has been.  I have all the original window sticker, paperwork, brochures and receipts for repairs through the years.  Price also includes an extra set of rear wheel flares, shaker hood scope, original trunk mat, wheel and other miscellaneous parts.

$26,500
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

1984 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible

Mark Cross package, alloy wheels, Mitsubishi 4-cylinder engine, all power options including top.

My mother ordered this car from M & L Motor Company in Lexington, NC. She had always wanted a convertible and at the urging of my father finally made her wish come true.  From the time she took delivery to the day she stopped driving, this was her baby.  Mostly dealer maintained through the years she took care of the car knowing she would be keeping it until she no longer needed a vehicle. Even after she stopped driving several years ago, she couldn’t stand the thought of selling her beloved convertible. My father dutifully kept the car running and garaged knowing to suggest selling it would be futile.

Fast forwarding to the present day….Dad has passed, Mom is suffering from Alzheimer’s and it’s time to sell Mom’s beloved Chrysler. Even today in Mom’s current condition, she smiles and recalls fond memories of the car she once drove. The only difference now is that she knows it’s time to find someone to care for her car as she did for all these years.

With 65,000 miles the car is in great shape mechanically. Garaged its whole life the interior shows little sign of wear and the paint still shines. Despite showing a couple of minor scratches from Mom’s driving and a slight paint mismatch from a long ago repair to the driver’s door the car looks great. After full check up by a trusted mechanic she’s ready to give many miles of service to her new owner. Other than a couple of radius arm bushings that squeak on occasion, a transmission cooler connection that seeps a drop of fluid and a missing wheel center piece I know of no problems with this car. Never driven in snow it shows no rust at all anywhere.

$6,000.00

Hi-Res pictures available on request. Nothing hidden, no surprises, no disappointments. Both cars are in North Carolina and available for inspection most any time with a little notice.
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2016 at 3:01pm by Racer1_NC »  

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!