Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
D3 deficient (Read 2512 times)
droopy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

D3 deficient
May 11th, 2016 at 12:42am

Just got my bloodwork done today and learned that I was d3 deficient and had a level of 23.  I've been taking d3 for about a week @ 20k per day, so i'm guessing i had even a lower levelthan 23 before I began supplements.

Pretty excited to learn that I am deficient.  Not only can I cure my cluster headaches, but I think my d3 deficiency is the root cause of a lot of my health issues.   I weigh about 220 and swim about 2K yards per day/5-6 days a week and can't lose weight to save my life.  I also get chronic fatigue about 6-12 weeks out of the year where I feel like I've been hit by a mac truck.  I  thought it was because of allergies, but i'm wondering how much it has to do with d3 deficiency.  I also have bad GERD and IBS.  My guess to that D3 deficiency has something to do with that as well.

Its kind of funny that it takes the most painful headaches in the world to learn something about your self that may change your entire life and well-being.

Thanks to batch and to this community for opening my eyes and helping me find a solution to a problem that probably would have gone unsolved for long time. Very excited to know that I can now do something to get rid of these damn headaches and improve other health issues that I've been having for a while.
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2016 at 12:44am by droopy »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Re: D3 deficient
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2016 at 2:22am

Hey droopy,
sounds like you could do with taking 50000iu D3/day for a week.
Batch reckons that we should take 600000iu D3 to get us to the therapeutic zone for our CH.
Make sure you take all the co-factors as well.
It also sounds like all that D3 will help more than your CH, GREAT

All the best

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2016 at 4:34am

Hey Droopy,

Thierry's dosages are not unreal. You need to take 50K iu/day for the next 10 days or so, to get your levels up to optimum for CH prevention.

Note I said "prevention". This is NOT a cure! So, once you have your levels up you must stay on a daily maintenance dose of 10K iu/day, with all the cofactors, forever.

And you're right. The general health benefits are great.

Onwards and upwards,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - May 11th, 2016 at 9:50am

Peter510 wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 4:34am:
Hey Droopy,

Note I said "prevention". This is NOT a cure! So, once you have your levels up you must stay on a daily maintenance dose of 10K iu/day, with all the cofactors, forever.

And you're right. The general health benefits are great.

Peter.

Peter is RIGHT .. D3 is not a CURE, but a lot of us feel that way (well for a minute or two at least... Smiley) We all know these things are for LIFE and there is NO CURE as of yet.

But the D3 has been a lifesaver to so many of us.

Check in with Batch and get on the WHOLE regimen.. They're finding more and more things that D3 is helping (asthma, MD and some others).

And hopefully you'll have a long and PF time.. Let us know how you're doing.  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

droopy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - May 12th, 2016 at 1:49am

Hey guys,

Thanks for your help.  I upped my dose yesterday to 50k and will continue with 50k a day for the next 6 days and taper down to 40k for the next 6 after that. 

You guys have all been a great help!

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #5 - May 12th, 2016 at 4:06am

Good move Droopy,
Maybe check in with Batch, he's the creator of the D3 regimen.
He'll probably have some more advice + he's a gent to talk to.
Are you taking all the co-factors? it's important to do so.
400mg magnesium, 200 to 400 mg calcium, 2000mg omega 3 fish oil, superk, 10mg zinc, 3000iu Vit A, 1mg boron.
Batch also recommends taking a B50/day for 3 months.
All the best
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2016 at 4:14am by thierry »  

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #6 - May 12th, 2016 at 10:45am

droopy wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 12:42am:
I  thought it was because of allergies, but i'm wondering how much it has to do with d3 deficiency.  I also have bad GERD and IBS.  My guess to that D3 deficiency has something to do with that as well

Hi Droopy,

Allergy symptoms are definitely related to D blood levels, IMO. My own symptoms are greatly reduced when I keep my D3 dosage at adequate levels during certain seasons.

You didn't mention if you are treating your GERD, and with what drugs. Although I don't think GERD is caused by low D levels, I think it can certainly be the other way around if you take antacids tabs, H2 blockers like Zantac, or PPI's like Prilosec. Because of reduced stomach acid, less nutrients get absorbed. So if you are planning to start the D3 regimen, and you're on drugs for your GERD, you should be diligent about getting blood levels checked at some point for magnesium (and probably B12 as well). Having success with Batch's D3 regimen is very do-able, even with GERD medications, but it requires some dedication.

Good luck.
~Patti

« Last Edit: May 12th, 2016 at 4:47pm by pattik »  

IP Logged

TeeJ2379
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Central PA, USA
Reply #7 - May 31st, 2016 at 11:26pm

Hey there - glad you are finding hope in the D3 regiment.  Been on it three years and its done wonders to control my CH.

I have had some success also at using tylenol, aspirin, benadryl, and Melatonin combo at night time to get a good nights rest and wake up headache free as well some relief from my allergies.  Every time that season changes my headaches break through , but nothing like before now that I use D3 daily per Batch's instructions.

Batch had written a bit a while ago about benedryl really helping with season headaches.  I can't find it off hand.  Maybe he will chim in here?

Pain is a wonderful teacher and motivator...

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #8 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 12:29am

TeeJ2379 wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 11:26pm:
Batch had written a bit a while ago about benedryl really helping with season headaches.  I can't find it off hand.  Maybe he will chim in here?

From info that Batch has previously sent me:

Quote:
If indications of an allergy are present or the absolute eosinophil count is in excess of 350, treatment with a first-generation antihistamine like Benadryl (Diphenhydramine hydrochloride) as an addition to the anti-inflammatory regimen has proven effective in preventing CH. First-generation antihistamines pass through the blood brain barrier to block histamine H1 receptors on nerve cells throughout the brain and in particular, the hypothalamus and trigeminal ganglia where production of CGRP and Substance P are highest. Second- and third-generation antihistamines cannot do this.
50 to 100 mg/day (25 mg twice a day or 4 times a day) Benadryl plus additional vitamin D3 up to
50,000 IU/day may be required to maintain a CH pain free response during periods of high pollen count resulting in an allergic reaction. Caution patient that Benadryl (Diphenhydramine hydrochloride) can and will cause drowsiness and not to drive when taking it if at all possible.

Hope this helps.

IP Logged

RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Reply #9 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 3:12pm

Hi Droopy

Wanted to welcome you to the board and add my sentiments re the D3 regimen.

I was eleven years chronic . .  . have been pain free last two and a half years on the D3 regimen.

Be Safe,

PFDANs,

Richard

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!