Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lsa Seeds (Read 4379 times)
Sean0308
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Lsa Seeds
Jun 24th, 2016 at 2:50am

Hi I just ordered Lsa seeds what is a good starting amount for cluster headaches and how am I suppose to use them. Thanks.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Lsa Seeds
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 3:20am

A good place to start might be clusterbusters.com as I'm told they're the font of all knowledge when it comes to CH and LSA.

It seems a lot of people are having good success with it, too, so it may well be worth a little google.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

RightSider
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 5:37pm

I’m a former message board poster from a long time ago and was unofficially diagnosed by members of this board over 16/17 years ago. I’m basically a minor former poster (from the UK), and for well over ten years, an occasional visitor. Hence the current one post history! I saw your post about the LSA seeds and felt compelled to sign up again and post. Feels weird to be posting again!

To cut a long story short. I’ve been chronic for nearly two decades and been doped up on Verapamil for many of them (I get relief from Verapamil but there are many times when it doesn’t really help and life becomes a serious struggle). Tried everything, and I seriously mean everything apart from Lithium (which I don’t want to take) and implants/stimulators. I was taken off Verapamil in the second half of last year due to bradycardia and put on Topiramate. Oh how I regretted joking with my GP that my resting heart rate in the morning was 36-38bpm! The topiramate worked at first, felt fantastic and then stopped working after a month or so (I must also mention that the Topiramate sent me bonkers!). I ended up in a serious world of pain, oxygen stopped working and life became totally unbearable. After attending an OUCH conference in London later last year (at Guy’s Hospital – which was a miracle I got there) and speaking with some serious experts, including Prof Goadsby, I managed to persuade my doctor to put me back on Verapamil on the provision that I paid to see a Neurologist immediately. I had rumbled along on Verapamil, oxygen and Imigran injections for many many years and just accepted my fate. Therefore, I’d long since done away with my Neurologist and just managed the condition myself through my local doctor. After nearly twenty years you do learn to live with the headaches and find out effective ways to reduce them through life changes, choices and restrictions. 

Anyhow, I asked to be put back on Verapamil at 480mg. I’d never gone above that as it made me feel seroiusly lethargic and my local GP wouldn’t have sanctioned a higher dose anyway. I got instant relief! The headaches didn’t stop of course, but life became more bearable and I was able to abort headaches again with oxygen. I wasn’t happy about my situation, at all. I’d experienced life without verapamil (I felt ten years younger with the increased energy) and I was on 480mg a day. I felt like total cr@p and was still getting a reasonable battering by clusters! I began researching again (catch up time!) and familiarised myself with the ‘seeds’ treatment. I’d had a few half-hearted attempts at the ‘mushroom’ treatment many years ago with some success. But after the UK government reclassified the mushrooms as ‘Class A’ I decided to leave them alone. As the seeds are legal to purchase here in the UK, and as I was pretty confident that a policeman would not be busting through the door in the two hours preparation and consumption time, so I thought why not. The results have been simply stunning. I cannot begin to describe the difference. I am currently on an average verapamil dosage of below 100mg a day ( 4 x 120mg, 3 x 60mg) and next week dropping to 60mg a day. It is very possible that I may not need verapamil at the moment as I am only getting 1-2 very mild shadows a day and I can drink beer with no problems! However, I am very aware that people can come off verapamil, on then go on it again and get no benefit. I don’t want to ‘rock the boat’! Somewhat ironically, I spent £300 an a new ‘on demand’ oxygen mask after the conference and I’ve hardly used it in the past 5 months. They are awesome by the way! Note: I must admit that the alcohol tolerance is possibly due to a over the counter supplement I am taking that I suspect, may be preventing the alcohol attacks (not making any claims here as it may just be the seeds!).

To be honest, I’m not sure if it is appropriate for me to go into detail about my treatment and experiences with the seeds. I have only been an occasional visitor on this board for a very long time and I’m not sure about the do’s and don’ts. Maybe I have said too much already, and if so I apologise to the moderators.

Sorry for waffling on!

IP Logged

RightSider
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 5:46pm

Sorry, I should have added that the advice to check out clusterbusters.com was spot on. I read all the information on there and spend hour after hour hour reading through posts. It's all there!

IP Logged

Rob 101 differ
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jul 5th, 2016 at 7:11am

RightSider wrote on Jun 30th, 2016 at 5:37pm:
I’m a former message board poster from a long time ago and was unofficially diagnosed by members of this board over 16/17 years ago. I’m basically a minor former poster (from the UK), and for well over ten years, an occasional visitor. Hence the current one post history! I saw your post about the LSA seeds and felt compelled to sign up again and post. Feels weird to be posting again!

To cut a long story short. I’ve been chronic for nearly two decades and been doped up on Verapamil for many of them (I get relief from Verapamil but there are many times when it doesn’t really help and life becomes a serious struggle). Tried everything, and I seriously mean everything apart from Lithium (which I don’t want to take) and implants/stimulators. I was taken off Verapamil in the second half of last year due to bradycardia and put on Topiramate. Oh how I regretted joking with my GP that my resting heart rate in the morning was 36-38bpm! The topiramate worked at first, felt fantastic and then stopped working after a month or so (I must also mention that the Topiramate sent me bonkers!). I ended up in a serious world of pain, oxygen stopped working and life became totally unbearable. After attending an OUCH conference in London later last year (at Guy’s Hospital – which was a miracle I got there) and speaking with some serious experts, including Prof Goadsby, I managed to persuade my doctor to put me back on Verapamil on the provision that I paid to see a Neurologist immediately. I had rumbled along on Verapamil, oxygen and Imigran injections for many many years and just accepted my fate. Therefore, I’d long since done away with my Neurologist and just managed the condition myself through my local doctor. After nearly twenty years you do learn to live with the headaches and find out effective ways to reduce them through life changes, choices and restrictions. 

Anyhow, I asked to be put back on Verapamil at 480mg. I’d never gone above that as it made me feel seroiusly lethargic and my local GP wouldn’t have sanctioned a higher dose anyway. I got instant relief! The headaches didn’t stop of course, but life became more bearable and I was able to abort headaches again with oxygen. I wasn’t happy about my situation, at all. I’d experienced life without verapamil (I felt ten years younger with the increased energy) and I was on 480mg a day. I felt like total cr@p and was still getting a reasonable battering by clusters! I began researching again (catch up time!) and familiarised myself with the ‘seeds’ treatment. I’d had a few half-hearted attempts at the ‘mushroom’ treatment many years ago with some success. But after the UK government reclassified the mushrooms as ‘Class A’ I decided to leave them alone. As the seeds are legal to purchase here in the UK, and as I was pretty confident that a policeman would not be busting through the door in the two hours preparation and consumption time, so I thought why not. The results have been simply stunning. I cannot begin to describe the difference. I am currently on an average verapamil dosage of below 100mg a day ( 4 x 120mg, 3 x 60mg) and next week dropping to 60mg a day. It is very possible that I may not need verapamil at the moment as I am only getting 1-2 very mild shadows a day and I can drink beer with no problems! However, I am very aware that people can come off verapamil, on then go on it again and get no benefit. I don’t want to ‘rock the boat’! Somewhat ironically, I spent £300 an a new ‘on demand’ oxygen mask after the conference and I’ve hardly used it in the past 5 months. They are awesome by the way! Note: I must admit that the alcohol tolerance is possibly due to a over the counter supplement I am taking that I suspect, may be preventing the alcohol attacks (not making any claims here as it may just be the seeds!).

To be honest, I’m not sure if it is appropriate for me to go into detail about my treatment and experiences with the seeds. I have only been an occasional visitor on this board for a very long time and I’m not sure about the do’s and don’ts. Maybe I have said too much already, and if so I apologise to the moderators.

Sorry for waffling on!

IP Logged

Rob 101 differ
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Jul 5th, 2016 at 7:33am

Hello people, I have read the symptons of a lot of people but mine differs from others. Feels like 2 bones in the back of my head smash together which feels like being hit in the head with a metal bar then it gos through my head makes me legs bow eyes roll backwards ripping pain in them then it feels like bloods gunna piss out of my nose and eyes. I get a strong shadow and its ovet after about 5 mins with pain linger. I had it bout 30yrs and freeks the crap out of me. Is their any one that is close to this. I feel like i could just drop dead. Iv been told this is posible.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #6 - Jul 8th, 2016 at 9:44pm

Rob 101 differ wrote on Jul 5th, 2016 at 7:33am:
I feel like i could just drop dead. Iv been told this is posible.

Never heard or read anything about a CH killing someone.

For migraine, there is an increased risk of stroke (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register) which might be what you've been told about.

IP Logged

RightSider
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Lsa Seeds (my update)
Reply #7 - May 5th, 2017 at 6:17am

Hello everybody!

Earlier today I was watching the BBC Breakfast News (here in the UK!) and watched a report about the new study into Clusters at King’s College London.

I was actually enrolling to be a test subject for this research study and got to interview stage.  I ended up having a long telephone conversation/interview with one of the lead researchers on the project. In the interests of full disclosure, I informed her about my use (and success) with LSA seeds. The researcher was very interested about what I had done, but a few days later called me back, and said that due to my use of the seeds I was unable to take part in the research. Anyhow, it reminded me about my post on this topic in June of last year and thought I’d provide an update!

I continue to use LSA seeds every three months or so and I have remained almost headache free now for almost 18 months. All I ever get is mild shadows from time to time, and usually this happens when it’s time for another ‘treatment’. The seeds have completely changed my life. I am/was a chronic sufferer for around 20 years. Prior to autumn 2015 I would estimate that I had had over 20,000 attacks, many of which needed aborting with oxygen or injection. I now cannot remember the last time I used the oxygen or Imigran (Sumatriptan), though a rough guess would be around 16 months ago.  Due to the disaster I had when I was taken off Verapamil in late 2015 (see my earlier post), and the fact that it can sometimes stop working when you go back on it, I still take it on daily basis (historically, it never stopped my clusters but kept them relatively under control for around 50% of the time). However, for the past six months I have reduced my dosage to 60mg a day. I suspect that I could come off it, but I don’t want to ‘rock the boat’! My condition currently has almost ZERO impact on my life. I get the odd shadow/reminder from time to time, perhaps on average once every two weeks, and I still keep my sleeping patterns as consistent as possible (7-8 hours sleep, no napping in the day, no late get ups, late nights to an absolute minimum). I also continue with my supplement regime (D3, Omega 3, B12 etc). I can eat and drink what I want and the low dose of verapamil means I no longer feel sluggish in the morning when it’s time to get up or when I’m exercising.

The only downside of my situation is that I occasionally feel somewhat guilty for not suffering like I used to. Clusters were such a massive part of my life for so long, it feels kind of ‘weird’ to not get them anymore, almost unsettling. That being said, I’m fairly confident that they will make a strong comeback at some point in the future. But for now, the oxygen tanks are in storage and the Imigram is slowly going out of date in the cupboard.

I hope this update is of interest to someone.

Best Wishes

RightSider

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!