Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new to this and afraid (Read 1214 times)
MUFASA
CH.com Newbie

Waffles & Pancakes

phoenix az
new to this and afraid
Jul 6th, 2016 at 12:46am

Hello my name is fernando. i have had cluster headaches for about a year.i get them about three months at a time with three months of remission. so winter and summer are glorious and fall and spring are horrible. most of my family members dont understand what i go through and say im over reacting and treat me like they have gone through the same thing. i have one sister who understands and supports me but even with the support it isn't enough to distract me from the constant fear that any little twitch or sensation i get on the right side of my head is a cluster headache.....other than that i feel amazing Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2016 at 12:49am by MUFASA »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Re: new to this and afraid
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 2:43am

Hey Mufasa,
Welcome to CH . com.
Sorry you had to find us but glad you did.
There is a way for you to enjoy spring and fall.
Read up on Batch's D3 regimen on this site.
The thread is "123 days pain free and i think i know why".
It is about taking a high dose of Vitamin D3 and some co-factors.
The regimen has many of us Pain Free -PF-.
80% of people who take the regimen experience a relief in their symptoms. some of us become pain free while others experience a substantial decrease of symptoms.
Stick around this site, there is a great bunch of people here who understand and are willing to listen and help (return what we received).
All the best

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 3:36am

Hi Fernando and welcome,
I was a Spring and Autumn clusterhead! These times of the year are not uncommon for cluster headache disease, but since starting the vitamin D regimen 3yrs ago, I have been CH free.

Cheers Hoppy

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 5:26am

Fernando,

Welcome to CH.com. Glad you found us.

Hoppy and Thierry have given good advice. Start reading here:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

And ask questions. As many and as often as you need.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 8:20am

Your best response is to keep your focus on learing how to care for youself, working with a skilled doc to gain control over your Clusters.

People who have no experience with conditions which are rare and not part of general knowledge simply have no way of understanding your situation. That they cannot even muster some sympathy, even if they don't understand what you are experiencing, signals that you must protect yourself from them: don't seek understanding from them since they have demonstrated an inaility to be helpful.

Sad to learn about the shortcomings of family and friends. But you must protect yourself from repeated disappointment by seeking their sympathy.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!