Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Research Questionaire (Read 3414 times)
Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Research Questionaire
Jul 14th, 2016 at 9:42am

Research update;

Cluster Headache Questionnaire: A New International Study

The response to participate has been outstanding so far, thank you. If you haven’t already done so, please consider participating in what will be the largest cluster headache study into important demographics. This study will provide important research data and help advance future research and advocacy. When the results are published and used to make a difference in how the cluster community is cared for and listened to in the future, make sure your voice is one that is making a difference. Advocating for yourself and others is only a click away.

If you have been diagnosed with Cluster Headaches and are at least 18 years old, you are invited to complete this important survey.  Completing this survey is an opportunity to help advocate for the entire international cluster headache community. The more participation we get, the louder our voice. Our advocacy work in Washington DC as well as within the medical community has identified important areas of research data that is required to make progress for the community but is currently lacking.

Please consider taking some time to help the entire community educate and advocate as well as make our collective voices be heard.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Our study focuses on the following questions:

1.      Severity of pain
2.      Prevalence, severity, risk factors, and protective factors of suicide
3.      Personal burden (impact on relationships, work, and daily living)
4.      Effectiveness of treatment as well as obstacles
5.      Psychological impact

This study is a collaboration between Clusterbusters® and Larry Schor, PhD Professor of Psychology at the University of West Georgia

Note: Several years back, OUCH US and Dr. Rosen worked together to compile a very important research study similar to the one we currently have underway. The Rosen study has provided important data for many research projects since its publication. This has also provided a clear picture of what information and demographics still need to be collected to help advance further study.

If you can help us, please do.
Preliminary data will be presented at our Austin conference in September.

Thanks
Bob Wold

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Re: Research Questionaire
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 8:27am

Completed questionnaire.
Thank you Bob for all the work you have been doing for sufferers everywhere.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 10:29pm

Completed the questionnaire too and from the questions asked, I'm very interested in seeing the results, especially as it isn't simply a repeat of previous ones.

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 11:16pm

Completed the questionnaire

Mark

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 11:56pm

Hey, Bob. I think I completed the questionnaire previously. Are you able to see if I did so I don't double it up?

Thanks, mate,

B.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2016 at 2:27am

Done

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #6 - Jul 16th, 2016 at 3:22am

Completed.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #7 - Jul 16th, 2016 at 8:17am

Brian, I went to the questionnaire and it said that I had already completed it.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #8 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 2:29am

Bob P wrote on Jul 16th, 2016 at 8:17am:

Thanks mate. Just tried it and it seems I haven't so will attack it as soon as I'm on a computer.

Doing it on a mobile isn't proving successful at all. I accidentally ticked childbirth and then things just got more confused.

Will have a beer instead and fix it all tomorra,

Brian.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #9 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 11:15am

Done.  I'd be very interested in the results too.

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 10:33pm

Thank you all for taking part in this so far.

When we get done it will help everyone in the community as the published results will be helpful in future research studies and I'm sure the results will be used in many advocacy projects and cited in articles to come.

You are all taking part in moving the understanding and treatment of our community forward.

You will all see the results when Dr. Schor publishes the results. We won't be closing the survey for quite some time as we collect all the data possible. Please spread the word about the survey.

Some of the questions have been specifically included to provide very important data that is needed to move other work forward and help us in our efforts to get the FDA, SSA & CMS as well as others, to improve the treatment of cluster sufferers and their families.

Taking part helps the entire community.

Bob

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:20am

Bob P wrote on Jul 16th, 2016 at 8:17am:

what part of dumbass don't you get?

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

Ilndguy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Michigan
Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 1:34pm

Completed. Hopefully we can see results.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!