Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My story (Read 1545 times)
Jackie A
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

My story
Aug 12th, 2016 at 1:33pm

I wanted to share my story in case it may help anyone.  My CH’s started when I was in my early 20’s and I would get them every two years.  They would come in June and normally last about 3 months.  About 10 years ago, they stopped and I did not get them again until now.  I’m 48 years old now and I started back with clusters again on June 22, 2016.  Maybe it was the shock of them coming back or the fact that when I was originally getting them there wasn’t really anything that could help but I waited until July 19th before looking into getting something to help me.  I called a few headache clinics in my area but no one could see me for over a month, so I decided to make an appointment with my regular doctor.  After talking with her I got her to prescribe a round of steroids and she also gave me rapid melt Sumatriptan pills.  Neither of which worked.  By this time I was getting 3 to 4 cluster headaches a night.  They would last between 45 minutes to an hour and a half.  The worst was that I was having all day long shadows which would not go away.  On July 24th, I went to Urgent Care but they could not really do anything since they cannot prescribe any time of preventative medication.  On July 25th, I started the Vitamin D Regimen.
On July 26th, I went to see a Neurologist who prescribed Imitrex injections and Verapamil.   I got the prescriptions filled and took a Verapamil that night, I was also remaining on the D3 Regimen.  Got one major CH that night and took the Imitrex injection which aborted the CH within less than a minute.  Three more headaches that night which were less intense, so I rode them out without using anything.
On July 27th,  I took 1 Verapamil in the morning and another when I got home from work and also took the D3 plus co-factors but decided to take 30,000 mg instead of 20,000 mg.  That night, no headaches!
So I wondered, does Verapamil get into your system that quickly?  I didn’t think so.  I continued to take both Verapamil and D3 for the next few days basically out of fear that the CH’s would come back.  On July 31st I went with my gut feeling that it was the D3 that was helping and not the Verapamil and went off of the prescription.  I continued to take the D3 and have been following Batch’s 4 week regimen.  No headaches!  I am in awe that something as simple as this has worked.  I can definitely tell though that I’m not out of this cycle.  I can feel pressure sometimes where if I wasn’t taking the D3, they would definitely return. 
So I just wanted to share my story in hopes that someone new coming to the site will try the D3.  I know that it was my saving grace!   

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Re: My story
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 2:18pm

Hey Jackie,
that's a great story, thank you for taking the time to write it.
Isn' it an amazing feeling to become pain free in such a way. All the supplements that form Batch's D3 regimen also have many other advantages.
Keep taking the regimen.

There is a long list of ailments for which D3 is good
See it here:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

All the best

IP Logged

Jackie A
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 2:44pm

Thanks Thierry!  Thank God for this forum.   I don't like taking medication if I don't have to, so the fact that vitamins are helping me is awesome.  It's just sad that doctors want to just prescribe something and that they look at you like you are crazy when you say that there is a vitamin regimen out there that works.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 3:36pm

Jackie,

Great post......Great news. I'm delighted another sufferer has benefited from Batch's regimen.

Now, you keep taking it with all the cofactors, forever. DO NOT stop when you feel this cycle ending.

You have brightened up an otherwise lamentable week for me.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Jackie A
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 3:51pm

Hi Peter, D3 is definitely part of my life now!  Glad I brightened up your day!  Smiley

Jackie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!