Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Taurine and Sumatriptan. (Read 1073 times)
Bertikus69
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Calgary AB Canada
Taurine and Sumatriptan.
Sep 14th, 2016 at 7:35pm

Hi all,
I posted this earlier today in the medication topic but didn't get any responses, was hoping to get an answer before 12:30 am when I really need to know. Lol

Just wondering if any one has had any ill effects from taking Taurine(powder) and Sumatriptan(injections) at the same time or soon there after? I tried looking online but didn't find any thing helpful. Any insight would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Fall, my favorite time of year, the air is getting cooler, the leaves are starting to turn and 6-8 weeks of next to no sleep, 1 or 2 needles in my leg every day and enough Taurine to choke a Donkey.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Re: Taurine and Sumatriptan.
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 8:18pm

Hiya Bert....welcome.....

Not sure you're gonna get any response.....very rarely reported here lately of someone using powdered taurine. Once had a neuro who insisted I NOT use because "we don't know enough about its neurological activity"....I was using energy drinks with caffeine plus taurine at the time...it worked...I defied the advice...tho I wound NOT recommend that! Your choice....

Any reason you use powder vs the energy drink route...which includes caffeine and sugar and can be ingested COLD (which helped me)....

Otherwise you might ask a pharmacist or visit Drugs.com and use their drug interactions tool....

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Bertikus69
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Calgary AB Canada
Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 9:42pm

Thanks,
powder is the only type of tourine aside from energy drinks you can get here as far as I know. Any Pharmacies I checked with don't carry it, and as far as I'm concerned it works great if you get it into you quick enough. I have been using sumatriptan for the last three years, only this year I started with the taurine but it if you don't get it in ya soon enough it don't do nothing. I just want to make sure is all. Guess I will find out tonight.

Fall, my favorite time of year, the air is getting cooler, the leaves are starting to turn and 6-8 weeks of next to no sleep, 1 or 2 needles in my leg every day and enough Taurine to choke a Donkey.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 12:16am

Taurine is a calcium channel antagonist, just like verapamil, which may explain how it works with CH.

But I've not seen doctors say not to use verapamil and sumatriptan (imitrex) at the same time, so who knows if the advice is accurate or not.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!