Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Benadryl Result (Read 1539 times)
amandabe
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Mexico / Canada
Benadryl Result
Sep 22nd, 2016 at 9:10am

Hi Batch,

After some days or Loratadine (which was working a little but not really taking away the pain) my friend tried the Benadryl.  The first night was great - no pain at all.  The second night was great until 7am where she suddenly had one of the strongest pains in the cycle.

She took 25 mgs before bed.

Normally her cycles last only 6 weeks and are only night hits. But now this has been close to 8 weeks with an early morning hit.

What shall we do?

Thank you again,
Amanda

IP Logged

amandabe
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Mexico / Canada
Re: Benadryl Result
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 7:47pm

Hi again Batch,

2nd night update, took it a little later before bed - 3 times waking up like her whole body was shaking and about to break out into a pain, but it stayed like that.  She said it was like a typical body response before the pain usually comes... as I haven´t had these headaches I can only imagine...

Would love to hear your thoughts on the last post and this one..

Thanks,
Amanda

IP Logged

tymish
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Benadryl Result
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 6:35pm

I've tried it, doesn't seem to help pain that  much but does help in falling asleep as soon as the pain drops a bit so I sleep through some of the pain.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!