Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It was such a nice vacation... (Read 2441 times)
DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
It was such a nice vacation...
Oct 12th, 2016 at 7:34am

[vent]
It's funny how so I got busy living my life without pain, enjoying all the things I said I would 3 glorious years ago that I almost let myself believe he was gone for good. I have so much to be thankful for ... but he's back. I first felt that black, oily pain seeping in behind my right eye a month ago. It took the fun out of two Saturday nights in a row. Then, last Friday, he moved in for real. Every night at 6:45. You could set your watch by it.
I'm an armed CH.com veteran and know the drill. O2 (check), Imitrex Injections (check), appointment with my Neuro (yes, on the 30th). Hits are gone 5 min after I get on the tank. When he reattacks I hit my little green friend again. Two trips to the tank seems to be enough ... for now. I am stronger than this. I will not let it run my life.
[/vent]

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Re: It was such a nice vacation...
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 5:35pm

Sorry he's found you again Dennis, but good to know you are all tooled up.  I never allow myself to get complacent.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 3:33pm

Dangnabit Dennis....I missed your posts but every once in a while I think of you and
smile... and figure...one more clusterhead PF...there's hope for us all!!!! It pisses me off
that the beast found your address....

..if ya bob and weave and duck and cover enough......maybe he'll lose it again...
we sure hope so..........

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 9:48pm

Thanks Jon, I would check back every now and then but largely haven't even been thinking about CH since they stopped. Still trying to figure out how to put this bastard back in its bottle. They went away when I started T-therapy. Doc they switched me to a pump bottle a year ago and I don't think I'm getting the same benefit from it. Who really knows though. It was nice while it lasted.

This place is so quite. Not like it was back in 2007 when I first found my home away from home. This was the only social media game in town back then.

He's really taken hold this week. Had my first four hit day on Wednesday. Then nothing on Thursday. Also had my first wake up hit. O2 is working just as well as it used to so he isn't parked behind my eye for long.

How've you been?

-Dennis-

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:30am

Yo Dennis...I REMAIN a blessed and lucky man....several battles in the past...and ready for future
challenges....like all y'all.........

Changed tho in oddly diverse ways.....much less able to tolerate fools and fronts...which gets me
in trouble here on occasion now (heart's the same...presentation sometimes needs work). The 2007 ch.com you reference was much more upfront and less PC....if ya could handle a little "rough love"...you'd learn some valuable "spit".

But then....I do volunteer "work" now...and make nary a judgement... with a tolerance for a
remarkable range of folks...mostly seniors... who just want someone to LISTEN. THAT I can do....
it reminds me of what ch.com has meant to me.......

Best

Always

Jon

« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:43am by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 11:52pm

Dennis ole buddy, you are in my prayers! Agreed, this website is so very different than back then. Appears the participation moved over to clusterbusters. I'm not a fan of it, so I remain here. If you need a care package, lemme know. Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2016 at 11:55pm by LasVegas »  

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 12:01pm

LasVegas wrote on Oct 16th, 2016 at 11:52pm:
If you need a care package, lemme know. Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Thanks Gregg! I'm armed and dangerous as usual. It's good to see some old faces around here checking in.

-Dennis-

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #7 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 4:24pm

Thought you would be, but I never forget those who help me when I needed it most. Take good care of yourself pal

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!