Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New member (Read 791 times)
G. M. P.
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Oct 17th, 2016 at 1:39am

Hi Everyone. I don't post on message boards but I had to make an exception here so that I could thank everyone for all the worderful information!!!!!  It has also helped me very much to hear that so many people have EXACTLY the same headaches I do. My heart goes out to all chronic sufferers.....I never even considered that these things could be with me EVERY DAY. I have been getting them since i was 18 I am 53 now and  am in the fifth week of hell. Overall this isn't my worst episode but three attacks about 12 hours apart were BY FAR the worst I have ever had. Don't ever wanna go there again. Two trips to the emergency room. Was a little embarresed to walk in there and tell them i needed help with a headache.  Haven't been in a hospital as a patient since I was in high school.   
I read some posts about trying to explain the pain and thought this might help a "normal" person visualize..... All you need is a bad migraine a q-tip and a very hot pepper (ghost chili).  Just let that migraine build to its utmost then have your buddy cut the pepper and soak the q-tip, now run that q-tip up your nose and swab the hell out of your sinuses (one side only of course!) Then swab all around your eyeball too.  Can't help them understand how bad it hurts my teeth, neck, and brow. Maybe they could try the pepper trick on one of those jackass movies and then there would be one dumbass that doesn't get these headaches would be half way to understanding the pain.
SPECIAL THANKS TO BATCH as I was very sceptical about the O2. It was suggested to me 7years ago and that cycle came to an end before I tried it. When I found this site a month ago and read all you have posted about O2 I made an appointment and asked my doctor. He had no clue! He said it couldn't hurt so I left there with a prescription......7 litres and a nose thingy. If it handnt been for this site I would have been a waste of time. Found 25 litre reg and a nonrebreather mask on amazon and had em in two days. I am using O2 with great success and I owe it all to you. Sorry about this long post but I I am trying to keep myself awake.
If the little bastard is gonna visit me tonight he will be here in the next 40 minutes. I am a heavy sleeper and its soooooo much worse if he has a head start.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: New member
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 6:24am

Hi G and welcome.

This place has saved so many of us. I'm glad you are counted among them but sad at the same time you've suffered with them so long.

Yes, those wake up hits are the worst...

I hope he missed you last night.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!