Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New guy here, I hope I'm doing this correctly (Read 1146 times)
LustreKIng
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New guy here, I hope I'm doing this correctly
Dec 14th, 2016 at 7:43am

I was diagnosed with episodic CH in 1985 by a Navy Hospital Corpsman who overheard a Navy doctor giving me terrible advice.  Later, more competent doctors sent me to the headache clinic at the University of Pennsylvania and it was confirmed, I am a classic CH sufferer with all the expected signs and symptoms.
   My episodes appear about every 18 months.  At first they lasted 2-3 months with a headache like clockwork 1-2 times a day.  Now the duration of the episodes are about 2-4 weeks.  Treximet and Ramipril prescribed.

IP Logged

Rumeke
CH.com Veteran

Westfield, NC
Re: New guy here, I hope I'm doing this correctly
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 12:08pm

Welcome!

Sorry you have to be here but know that you will get huge support from the people here. After all we are all in the same  boat!

Until Batch (resident Guru) chimes in I would advise you to get lab work done for your D25 levels and begin on the D3 regimen asap.

Here's the link (you can substitute brands but keep the dosage about the same)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
(move towards the bottom for the regimen)

Also, check out the O2 link to the left. Using full flow O2 can stop your attack in minutes.

I'm sure others will chime in soon. Again welcome!

Judy
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2016 at 12:09pm by Rumeke »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: New guy here, I hope I'm doing this correctly
Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 1:46pm

Hey LustreKIng,

I'll echo Judy's welcome and thanks for your Service.  A good Navy Corpsman is always worth his salt...

My wife used to get upset when a Navy Corpsman started stitching up any of our three kids saying she wanted a doctor to do the needle works...  I assured her at the time that the average Navy Corpsman has thrown more stitches suturing up more sailors' cuts and gashes than any doctor... and with great results...

Regarding your CH... Judy is spot on again with the recommendation to see your PCP or Neurologist for the 25(OH)D lab test. 

We have an online survey of CHers taking the anti-inflammatory regimen to prevent their CH that's been running since December of 2011.  The following chart illustrates the normal distribution of 25(OH)D serum concentration for CHers prior to start of the anti-inflammatory regimen.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

As you can see...  it's a no brainer...  If you have an active bout of CH... the odds are better than 90% you're vitamin D3 deficient, insufficient and for sure, with a 95% confidence interval, your serum 25(OH)D concentration is ≤47 ng/mL.

Check your PM inbox for more info.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2016 at 1:48pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!