Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
When will we ever learn? (Read 3454 times)
AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
When will we ever learn?
Jan 19th, 2017 at 7:38am

Where have all the newbies gone,
     Long time passing.
     Long time ago.
     Gone to facebook, every one.
When will we ever learn?
     When will we ever learn.

Where have all the oldsters gone,
     Long time passing.
Never posting, not a one,
     Long time ago.
Where is all that knowledge now?
     It can’t be passed on, anyhow.
When will we ever learn?
    When will we ever learn.

Where have all good manners gone,
     Long time passing.
We were here to help others along,
     Long time ago.
Newbies gone, the oldsters gone,
     Knowledge gone, so sad, so wrong,
When will we ever learn?
     Why did we never learn.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

zanychef
CH.com Junior

i'm busting with a masx
cant really go wrong
can i

x1|worthing|England|europe|172|244|
Re: When will we ever learn?
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 7:40am

well said brian the OUCH UK forum is dead since they went on fb too
zany

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too bad:)
Ian Howard  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 8:25am

The times, they are a changin'

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 12:43pm

And not for the better!

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 1:04pm

When old timers don't know the difference between abort and bust , yet insist on giving advice we've become irrelevant.

Potter

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #5 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 1:06pm

Quote:
When old timers don't know the difference between abort and bust , yet insist on giving advice we've become irrelevant.

Potter

My point proven...

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 1:20pm

Excellent Brian.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #7 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 12:29am

Brian, If you look to your left on this message board you will see a link, facebook, check it out, it has more than 5000 members and theirs always folk there looking for help.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2017 at 12:38am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #8 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 6:10am

it's a weird thing Bri....as an old suffuring ClusterHead  cat on CH.com as you are... I got the 20 + yr old bumper sticker and T shirt...BUTT most importantly...I am CH free....yeeeeeees.... I do always keep 2 tanks of o2 with me ....the most up to date mask nearby .cause every year or so... That m*th*rf**k*r slips in ....every now and fuckin then...only a couple times in every couple years now...butt he never gets past a KIP 3...heaven...and is gone in a couple days....heaven....I sure as fuck know a Cluster ...unlike ANYTHING else....My ...what we used to call "precursors" were always the same...swelling of the roof of my mouth...a weird smell in one of my nostrils....( i haven't had a CH in years now...it freaks me out now to even imagine how it felt)  ....Ok Mushrooms cured my CH...bottom line. Clusterbusters saved my life. Hi Mr Wold and Quicksilver...and The dark side of The Moon...just a shout out in the winter of CH....I hope people lose interest in yer site DJ...cause you lead some us to peace....fuck that...you just held a pain party...and some of us are still dancing fuckhead

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #9 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 8:48am

As witness to the power of pain,  I've been CH free going on 11 years now but can't turn loose of my regulator and cluster mask!  Every once in a while, I notice it on the top shelf of the linen closet and think, I should give that away, NOT.
Try everything, never quit.  Shrooms probably help, if you do it right.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

zanychef
CH.com Junior

i'm busting with a masx
cant really go wrong
can i

Reply #10 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 2:42pm

Brian my old friend
would it be possible to copy your poem onto the OUCH UK website forum as this has happened there too Sad
zany

Ian Howard  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #11 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 11:15pm

You're welcome, Zany, and I'm sorry to hear about OUCK UK.

I've heard so many good things about them and the wonderful help they offered to so many who must wrestle this dragon.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

zanychef
CH.com Junior

i'm busting with a masx
cant really go wrong
can i

Reply #12 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 11:48pm

Thanks Mate
they do do some great work in support but seem to be getting very insular in many ways
They have even had the demand valve approved for use in the treatment of CH!
they just need a friendly kick in the nads once in a while Wink
I have a big boot
zany

Ian Howard  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #13 - Feb 2nd, 2017 at 3:34pm

Great poem - and so apt today.

I read the stuff on FB and try to steer them over here. Lordy, they're asking the same questions (and posting the nonsense cures) that we did Years ago.

But I guess I'm bad too.. I don't come here as often as I need to. Guess we forget that others NEED help when we're PF.

And Bob .. my O2 tank is still sitting in the corner collecting dust, but it's just PART of the room and I don't have any intention of getting rid of it.

But this is the SITE every CHead needs to come to if they REALLY want help. Some of old-timers can remember when we ONLY had this place for support and all the friends we've made over the years. People who actually UNDERSTAND.

Off my soapbox. Ya'll have a PF day now ya hear. Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #14 - Feb 3rd, 2017 at 6:44pm

Good thread. I know I'm not here as often as I ought be anymore. I do spend a lot of time on FB, and I send people over here all the time for answers.

Barbara, you are spot on. I remember those early days only too well. Some of the things we tried!

Zany, use your boot well! Insular is apt and a good word indeed for what I see going on over there. I've gotten to where I hardly even try to advise someone from your side of the pond, for I end up getting squelched by people who should know better, but are so subservient to the powers that be. It's amazing, though, the ones who listen, get PF, and then become pariahs in their very own organization. C'est la vie.

I go through the archives every once in a while seeing names of people I've not heard from in a long time, and I hope it is because they actually got relief and just don't bother coming back, but so often i have to quit reading. DJ has done a lousy job preserving that stuff, because after only a few pages the text gets to where it's unreadable. It keeps getting blurry. If I keep reading any longer I'm at risk of having to turn in my man card.

In a lot of ways, I miss the old days before FB and all of the other social media crap that has gotten us all so "connected" online. We've lost the connectedness, the NEED to get together. I know I talk about it a lot, but going to the first DavCon, meeting people for 45 minutes, and then having to turn around and drive the three hours back home. That six hours of driving that day was SO worth it. Totally lifechanging. Miss that real connectedness.

Gotta go and wipe the water spots off of my man-card. Must be raining in here, or something.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!