Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Husband is suffering (Read 1440 times)
eczimmerman
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Husband is suffering
Feb 7th, 2017 at 1:41pm

Hello! I am new to this world as I have been married to my husband for almost 2 years and this is the first "cycle" he's had since I've known him. I have always known about his cluster headaches but have just been thankful that I never had to see them and hoped it would stay that way. Well, for the past few weeks, he has been suffering immensely and it's been very hard.

I have been perusing this site and see a lot of good options for treatment but it can all be very overwhelming with so many things to try. We are going to try to get an appointment with a neurologist who specializes in clusters and see if we can get an oxygen tank. He feels discouraged because he feels like nothing works, and I just feel helpless because I can't help him! It is devastating watching him suffer so much and I just wish I could fix it.

Thankful for all of the information I'm finding on here!

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Re: Husband is suffering
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 5:19pm

Hi eczimmerman
Welcome, but sorry you have had to find your way here.  Oxygen is the first choice of treatment for most of us, as long as it's used correctly.  You must have a non rebreather mask, and a minimum flow rate of 15 liters a minute - more if you can.

While you wait for an appointment, try the redbull trick.  At the very first sign of pain ( don't wait till it ramps up)  get him to drink down a redbull, really fast.  It's the combination of caffiene and taurine in a sudden hit that does the trick, so any energy drink with those ingredients will do. It doesn't work for every one, but many of us have had some relief from it.

Thank you for supporting your husband.  Our supporters are the best thing we have to fight this monster with.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Husband is suffering
Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 5:55am

Hey EC,

Welcome to CH.com.  You've come to the right place.  We know what your husband and you are going through and the good news is it doesn't need to be that way.

I sent you a PM on 26 Feb... You haven't opened it yet.  To get to your PM InBox, go to the upper left hand corner of this window below the date and greeting you'll see the words "
You have 1 new message
"  Click on the bold font.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!