Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A pain worse than CH (Read 3444 times)
shortstraw
CH.com Junior

02 blows - thankfully

Perth Western Australia
A pain worse than CH
Feb 22nd, 2017 at 9:43am

I have not been on this site for quite some time but for good reason

Monday night, my wife Nicole lost her long battle with cancer. Although her final days were very tough, she died peacefully surrounded by myself and her 2 children and although we are heartbroken, we do feel relieved that she is not suffering anymore.

Nobody on this site knows her personally and yet many of you know her very well because she was one of those amazing supporters, who in the background, first helped me to get diagnosed with CH and then helped mean to manage them or was just there with reassurance after a particularly bad hit.

When I was first diagnosed with CH they consumed me and I thought my world had caved in but watching Nicole go through her many operations and treatments, it very much helped me put my own suffering into perspective. Yes they hurt like hell but they would finish and they would not kill me.

So this message is a tribute to my princess who I will miss so much it hurts but who has given me the strength to continue and not give in.

Alan

There are things worse than clusters .... just

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: A pain worse than CH
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 11:20am

Alan,

That's a beautiful and moving tribute.

While it doesn't compare, I lost my Brother to cancer last year and I had the same sense of how lucky I am just to have CH and nothing worse.

Thoughts and prayers.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 11:46am

Alan, I am so sorry. Having not heard from you for a while, I was in hopes she had gone into remission. Words don't carry a lot of weight. Wish I could be there to express myself personally.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 2:14pm

Alan,
Thank you for sharing this very personal story with us. I am sorry to read of your loss. Under these very unfortunate circumstances, you share a positive outlook few would share. Hang in there.

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 5:03pm

Hi Alan, sorry for your loss. I lost my brother and sister 3 days apart to cancer, 4yrs ago, although not quite the same, I can relate to what your going through at this sad time in your life.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2017 at 10:00pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2017 at 10:17am

So sorry for your loss Alan.  I have always said there are worse things than CH. You and your family are in my thoughts.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #6 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 5:11am

Alan, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. I cannot even start to imagine your pain.
Sending you love, hugs and prayers

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #7 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 11:54am

Alan, my heart goes out to you. I am so very sorry for your loss, but please take heart that the love others had for us in this human existence, goes well beyond the scope of our understanding.

Love and prayers,
Melissa

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #8 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 12:49am

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your wife.

Your tribute to her is moving, and obviously heartfelt. All our best wishes to you and to your family.

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #9 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 2:39pm

I sure hope I don't get booted off CH.COM for this comment...which may seem crass and insensitive. There is NO pain to compare with a CH...At a KIP 10 I would have sold my kids into slavery for relief. I just lost my son Adam O'Connor ... Still reeling...I found peace in my belief system...comfort in knowing he is fine now...he was my life...still is...BUTT...during a serious CH hit...I would have sold my soul...Addie watched me grow shrooms......the result was that he never had to sit in his wheelchair ...tears down his face as Dad suffered another KIP 10. In My Humble Opinion....There is NO pain worse than a cluster.

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #10 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 4:18pm

So sorry for your loss Alan. I've pretty much lost my whole family, but my husband of 43 years was the worst loss I've ever had.

It does get better as time goes by, but it's something you have to live with. And no one can say anything to make it easier.
Cry

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!