Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why so different this time around? (Read 1160 times)
lirrgirl14
CH.com Newbie

long island new york
Why so different this time around?
Mar 9th, 2017 at 10:47am

Hello all.. wow its great to be back reading up on all this new information.ive been suffering since 1996. I have been CH free for almost 2 1/2 yrs until Feb 1st .I Woke up with one. Havent had another CH the whole month of FEB. Until March1st. Now this is different for me. IM the typical fall asleep get CH wake up get CH last about 2hrs.. tone down middle of month. spike up to 10!! by end of month. and then finally done till next yr. Now I'm dealing with Instant CH as soon as I put my head down. And they are only 3-4 pain..but there alllll night with maybe 5 min relief inbetween...
  o2 never really worked for me..But I read here that there is a new mask. Maybe I will try. I have 4mg imitix. But I save those for 8-10 pain.
  Does anyone Know why? CH come on so fast when laying down??
And I don't know if anyone is interested in this..But being that my Ch cycle is soooo different then in the past. I was wondering if anyone here has heard of Adderall helping.. I started it in December low daily dose.
Well it was great seeing some of the same members still here!! YOu guys were a blessing for me at 2AM back in the days..

catherine
lirrgirl14 lirrgirl224  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Why so different this time around?
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2017 at 4:22pm

Hey lirrgirl14,

Your problem may be your serum 25(OH)D concentration (Vitamin D3 Status) is too low.  The normal reference range for the 25(OH)D lab test is 30 to 100 ng/mL (75 to 250 nmol/L).  Suggest you see your primary care physician (PCP) and ask for this lab test.

As CHers, we need to keep our 25(OH)D serum concentration up around 80 to remain CH pain free.  That requires an average vitamin D3 dose of 10,000 IU/day plus the vitamin D3 cofactors: magnesium, zinc, boron, vitamin A (retinol), vitamin K2 complex and Omega-3 fish oil.  We call this clutch of vitamins and minerals the anti-inflammatory regimen.

Well over 600 CHers from here at CH.com and ClusterBusters have started the anti-inflammatory regimen and better than 80% of them have experienced a significant reduction in the frequency of their CH from an average of 3 CH/day down to 3 CH/week in the first 30 days.  54% of CHers who start this regimen experience a lasting CH pain free response.

Cluster headache is pH sensitive. In other words, if your system becomes too acidic like it does during sleep, it opens the door for more frequent CH.  Drinking a baking soda tonic an hour after each meal and right before bed can help.  You make it with a half teaspoon of good old Arm & Hammer Baking Soda in a half glass of water.  The directions are on the box.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2017 at 4:26pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

lirrgirl14
CH.com Newbie

long island new york
Re: Why so different this time around?
Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 9:08am

thank you very much.. I will try this

catherine
lirrgirl14 lirrgirl224  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!