Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
This is a 3 year CH cycle? (Read 9204 times)
CaroleA
CH.com Junior

Mallorytown, Ontario
Re: This is a 3 year CH cycle?
Reply #25 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 11:09am

Mike!  Definitely!  I was so sleep deprived yet I didn't want to go bed or have a nap no matter how exhausted I was.  It's an awful feeling really to be afraid to let your body rest and get the sleep it needs.

Batch, Yes I've been taking the 50,000 loading dose of D3 as you recommended.  I will stay on it for 12 days.

Another CH last night which started at 2:10, started the oxygen by 2:11 and by 2:15 it was gone!  Went back to bed after 15 minutes on the oxygen and slept soundly till 7! 

WWW https://www.facebook.com/HuggableHound  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #26 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 7:25pm

Great news to read Carol. Seems you are on the right track. Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #27 - May 1st, 2017 at 6:35am

Carol,

Have you given the Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) a try?  The pollen count is fearsome these days making an allergic reaction the real problem.  An allergic reaction triggers a flood of histamines.  When that happens, none of the CH preventatives will be effective...

Diphenhydramine is a first-generation antihistamine that passes through the blood brain barrier to block H1 histamine receptors on neurons throughout the brain and in particular, the hypothalamus and trigeminal ganglia.  Once blocked, vitamin D3 has a much better opportunity to prevent CH.

I've been using Children's Allergy Medicne, Liquid Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL).  12.5 mg (5 mL in the measuring cap) in the morning and another 12.5 mg in the evening prior to bed.  It works like a charm.  It also enables me to take lower the dose of vitamin D3.  I'm back down to 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 and the Big Leaf Maple pollen is blowing around like a yellow dust storm.

Do try to see your PCP or neurologist for the lab test of your serum 25(OH)D.  Knowing your present vitamin D3 status with this lab test is important.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

CaroleA
CH.com Junior

Mallorytown, Ontario
Reply #28 - May 10th, 2017 at 7:27pm

I took the 50,000 for 12 days like you suggested and have now dropped down to 20,000 mg/day. 

I am beyond happy to let you know that I am now 3 nights pain free.  Sleeping my nights and today woke up feeling like a human being.

Again I want to thank everyone that provided suggestions and support.  It's a very lonely place to be when you are going through these cycles and feel like you have nowhere to turn! 

PS  I now have 2 filled oxygen tanks, blew through the first one in like 4 days, panicked, called the oxygen supplier and they were out here before the end of the day with 2 new tanks!

Edited to add:  No I did not try the benedryl.  With the oxygen the CH's were bearable, and I'm still waiting for a call back from my family physician for the request for blood work. 
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2017 at 10:03pm by CaroleA »  
WWW https://www.facebook.com/HuggableHound  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #29 - May 10th, 2017 at 9:47pm

This is a really fabulous update Carol. Keep strong! Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #30 - May 11th, 2017 at 1:08am

Great news! It really is amazing when you start to get control of your life back from CH.

With oxygen you need to get a good idea of how much you're using and ensure that you keep sufficient cylinders on hand to cover things like public holidays, bad weather (depending where you are), etc. so that you don't run out.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #31 - May 11th, 2017 at 4:17am

Great news Carole.

Wishing you pain free long into the future.

I suggest you get the Benadryl now anyway and have it in your arsenal for when you might need it.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

tgdurst
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #32 - May 12th, 2017 at 6:45pm

I agree... I am still taking 25mg of Benadryl in the morning and at night (sometimes another one during the day) I no longer get sleepy from them so I figure it cannot hurt. Pollen here has been crazy this year and I believe this has kept the headaches away (along with the D3 batch, of course)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!