Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy St Patrick's day (Read 1736 times)
thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Happy St Patrick's day
Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:16pm

I love Ireland, the people, the sceneries, the warmth of the Irish, the welcomes, the sea, the friendships and much more. It is the Irish people that have changed my mind from staying in Galway for 2 weeks to now 27 years, and counting. I am happy to say that i call Galway "home". Happy Paddy's day to all my friends past, present and future, to my CH.com friends, to my 2 amazing Irish children, to my beautiful Irish partner and her family. Have a great day, take care and God Bless you all.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: Happy St Patrick's day
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:45pm

Shona Lá Fhéile Pádraig ☘️

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:14pm

I'm many fond memories of visits to Eire, especially around Mayo, with lots of relatives in the area. So St Patrick's day is a day for memories, plus trying to find a Guinness or two (no idea where the green beer comes into it!).

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 7:11pm

Mike,

If you drink enough of it , it will be green when it comes back out!!!!!!

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 7:25pm

MikeNZ,
Mayo's not to far from Galway, I lovely county too.
It has been a very wet Paddy's day here this year.
If you're planning on coming back to Eire for a visit, be sure to drop us a line first.
All the  best

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:18pm

Aye, and a happy St. Patrick's day to you, my friend! I've heritage from Galway to Cork to Kerry and to Donegal. (It depended on which county they were run out of.  Wink ) Getting over there to see Ireland has been on my bucket list for a long time.

A few years ago, when I drove a limousine around the Chicago area, I was asked to drive a bus for an Irish wedding. More fun you cannot have than to be with a bunch like that! I picked up 27 with four cases of beer for a 40 minute drive. They were out of beer fifteen minutes before we got to the banquet hall. 5 hours later, with only 2 cases of beer to get them back to the bar where I picked them up (20 minute drive that time of night) there was only one beer left. One gentleman, who had come over from Dublin for the celebration came to the front of the bus to tell me, "Aye, laddie. It's a shame you canna have one with us."

I told him thanks, but I am a different kind of Irishman who doesn't drink. He backed up a step and said, "Laddie, it's not different you are. You're ODD!"

That was by far one of the best charters I did in three and a half years of driving. Wonderful bunch of people.

All the best to you, my friend!

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:58pm

Jer!...what a great story...I'm thinkin' you should write a book.... or somethin'........... Cool
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:58pm by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #7 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:06pm

jon019 wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:58pm:
Jer!...what a great story...I'm thinkin' you should write a book.... or somethin'........... Cool

Or sumthun.  Cheesy

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #8 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:19pm

To be sure! It was a good excuse for a couple of pints of Guinness, although, I didn't really need one  Smiley

Cheers  Smiley Hoppy
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:56pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!