Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cluster Friendly Doctors (Read 1981 times)
gatorbill
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cluster Friendly Doctors
Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:48am

Do we still have a list of Doctors that understand and treat CH? I have relocated to Daytona Beach, FL and need to find a good Doc.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Re: Cluster Friendly Doctors
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 4:13am

Gatorbill,
I have a list from a few years ago of doctors that are familiar with treating CH's...the list of doctors are all recommended from CH sufferers from this website, who all reside in Florida, see below...

Feel free to PM Private Message me for additional doctors names, located in the Tampa area, if needed.

Hope this list below helps you find somebody you are comfortable with and get good treatment.

-Gregg in Las Vegas

In the Daytona Beach /Atlantic Ocean side of the state...

Altamonte Springs-
Dr. Todd Hartley (possibly retired)

Del Ray Beach-
Dr. Samuel Siddiqui / Center for Neuroscience

Jacksonville-
Dr. Michael Waters / Baptist Health

Orange City-
Dr. Jeffrey Corak / Volusia Neurology

Plantation -
Dr. David Ross

Port St. Lucie-
Dr. Francis X. Conidi / Florida Ctr for Headache & Neurology

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

gatorbill
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 9:29am

thanks, Las Vegas,

I might try the neurologist in Orange City. I actually have been participating in this site, off and on, for many years. I have been fighting the demon for almost 40 years and have settled on Imetrix and O2. Hard to tell anymore if I am episodic or chronic.

Really just looking for a flexible GP near Daytona. If anyone knows one, please give me a shout.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:55pm

Hi GatorBill,
The list I provided is the most comprehensive list of doctors on the Atlantic side, closest in proximity to Daytona. I have additional names of doctors in FL., but they are all in the Tampa/Gulf side. This list I recommend to you is info 3.5 years old, after I personally contacted every registered user on this website asking for a recommended doctor in their area. I then compiled lists for each state and several other countries. So trying to find somebody specifically in Daytona is unlikely, but is remotely possible. My suggestion is to follow the ole saying "if it's not broke, why fix it?" and take the drive to one of the referenced doctors.

As for you not knowing if you are Episodic or Chronic, it is repeatedly stated on this website those who are Chronic do not get a break, no remission whatsoever, they endure attacks year round. If you have been in cycle daily for over one year, you are considered Chronic.

If you are in cycle for a couple or few months each Spring or Fall as typical, you are likely Episodic. Hundreds, if not thousands of posts on this website to research about this subject.

Imitrex and O2 are excellent for Abortive treatment, but that is not enough. A CH'er must also have Preventative treatment and when starting out, Transitional treatment.

40 years is a life long of battling. It doesn't have to continue so horribly for you and recommend to you read as much as your brain will tolerate from this website, and see one of the doctors recommended. Talk to the doctor about your history, ideally bring a documented self pain log diary, discuss Transitional/Preventative/Abortive treatments.

My guess is you are familiar with hyperventilating o2 at least 25 lpm with a NON-rebreather mask?

That you choose to get vials or are familiar with the "Imitrex Tip" to extend quantity of your Imitrex?

What about RedBull or Energy drinks?

Melatonin at night?

Water! Water! Water!

Have you recently had your 25(OH)D lab tested? Have you ever tried the Anti-Inflammatory Vitamin Regimen?

Have you identified your triggers and stay away from them when in cycle? How's the diet, alkaline?

As you are aware, most answers to CH'ers issues can be found by researching this site and asking questions to help each other.

Although participation on this website has dwindled over the years, you are most certainly NOT alone and unlike anywhere else, we here in ClusterVille do understand your pain and suffering.

Hope you have a pain free day and night, and look forward to reading of your progress. Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

gatorbill
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 10:16am

Thanks for your time Greg. good advice!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!