Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Links between cluster and migraines (Read 1394 times)
KayleyKat
CH.com Junior

On my way to a diagnosis....I
hope!

Jackson, MS
Links between cluster and migraines
Mar 29th, 2017 at 12:35pm

So for years I would tell myself, I don't have migraines. I don't ever get sick or have to lie down in a dark room. But according to my neurologist I do. After much research and discussion we have come to the conclusion that I have "ocular" migraines. Or "silent" migraines. Occasionally I'll get the pounding headache (where every time my foot connects with the floor my head pounds) But more often than not I just get these auras. And man do they mess with my vision and depth perception. I find it odd that I have more ocular migraines in the month or two preceding my cluster cycle. Anyone else notice any correlation?

Kayley

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Re: Links between cluster and migraines
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 4:31pm

I have both CH and migraines. Sometimes I have problems figuring out which one is hitting, but when they hit together - it's hell!

D3 regime has helped me more than anything to date. I do botox treatments for the migraines (I'm chronic) and that helps somewhat (most of the time).

Keep reading here and see what's worked and what hasn't worked.  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Re: Links between cluster and migraines
Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 10:35am

I use to get classic migraine with the headache following the aura. When my CH started, the auras continued, but the headache part became rare. Auras aren't frequent for me, and I haven't noticed any correlation with CH. I still consider them a nuisance, though. I have to stop whatever I'm doing until they pass--20-30 minutes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!