Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vitamin D3 regimen making us prone to hemorrhages? (Read 738 times)
RickJim
CH.com Junior

Giving up is not an option.

Vancouver, British Columbia
Vitamin D3 regimen making us prone to hemorrhages?
Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:18pm

I have been taking the vitamin D3 regimen successfully to prevent cluster headaches.  Since I started the regimen I have been pain free for 9 months.

A month ago I underwent endoscopic surgery of sinuses to treat an extreme case of pansinusitis and deviated septum.

As a preventive measure, before my surgery I raised my 25(OH)D levels quite high. I was near 200 ng/mL (lets don’t focus on discussing if this was a smart move). I was also taking the cofactors of the regimen at the highest amount within the range as outlined in Batch’s documentation. Additional to the regimen I was also taking 1000 mg of Vitamin C.

After the surgery, I developed a sinus hemorrhage which doctors struggled to stop. I had two more surgeries to try to stop the bleeding, and they had to finally ligate the exterior carotid artery to stop the hemorrhage. I almost didn’t make it. I lost 2.5 lt. of blood and needed blood and palettes transfusion to save my life.

I underwent numerous tests to find out the cause of the hemorrhage. A team of ENT, hematologist, endocrinologist, rheumatologist and neurologist studied the possible causes of the hemorrhages and couldn’t find one. They did a complete blood profile, including clotting factors. They researched a possibility of an autoimmune disease that might be causing the bleeding, and they couldn’t find anything.

The doctors are pointing at the regimen as the culprit of the uncontrollable bleeding; however, they are not really providing substantial evidence. They say that vitamin D3 and magnesium are vasodilators, and therefore they may cause or complicate an active hemorrhage. But I have not seen any evidence of this online. Additionally, Vitamin K helps as an agent for coagulation. The doctors are insisting that I should keep my levels at 80 ng/mL; nonetheless for me to be pain free when in cycle, I need to be at 120 ng/mL and sometimes even more.

I really do not want to stop or decrease the amount of vitamin D3 that I am taking if I don’t have the evidence. On the other hand, I do not want to risk my life either in order to stop the CHs.

Does anyone of you know if any element of Batch’s regimen of vitamin D3 make us prone to hemorrhages?

Thanks

Rick
https://www.facebook.com/rjimenezt  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!