Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Damn (Read 6860 times)
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Damn
Apr 27th, 2017 at 6:38pm

All of 2016 I've been battling with bile duct cancer or Cholangiocarcinoma. Damned thing is rare. Since I do live near Buffalo, I've had access to one of the best cancer hospitals. This is where I learned that what I have is inoperable. Chemo has been able to keep it quiet enough so I could get around. What's happening now is that I'll probably not be able to do much interesting for myself. I'm already on some palliative care. I have been told that this is not a particularly painful cancer. Physically I'll not be able to answer much email.

I certainly did meet some more than nice clusterheads over the years and I'm grateful to you all for that and all the fun I had.

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Re: Damn
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 7:49pm

Hey Charlie.  Prayers for you from Montana.

Potter

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 8:18pm

Hey Charlie. Praying for a miracle here.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 11:15pm

Charlie, sending you positive vibes from across the seas.

Hoppy

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 9:46am

Over the last many years you've  given help, advice and support to hundreds of people here at CH.com. Many mornings I've logged on here with the thought "I wonder what Charlie has to say today". We are very grateful to have a friend like you.
Our prayers and wishes of hope are being sent your way.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 10:32am

Charlie,

You have prayers of healing and peace for you and your family from me. I hope you understand how much of a positive influence your posts here have been for me and others.  Smiley

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:02pm

Charlie, although we've never met in person, I feel grateful to have learned quite alot from your easy to read and understand posts you've shared over the years. Sending prayers and best wishes to you and your loved ones.

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #7 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 7:00pm

Charlie, you've my thoughts and hopes for the doctors finding something that will make a difference.

Thank you for all your contributions over the years which will have made a difference to so many.

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #8 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 11:37am

You have been a good supporter to others on here over the years. I will never forget the OUCH convention where the airlines lost your bags and you had to keep wearing that same shirt. I will be praying for peace in your life as you fight this as long as you can. Love you brother man.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #9 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 5:14pm

Sir Charles...I echo  ALL  the above!.....there is a saying that: "class will out"...and over the years I have enjoyed and looked forward to your posts and contributions to this family...as they are from the classiest of gentlemen.

It is so hard to convey tone, and exact meaning, and sometimes even intent in an email distributed to an entire group. But not so with yours...your open heart shines through your written word....

My thoughts and prayers are with you....

Best...ALWAYS

Jon
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2017 at 5:17pm by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

zanychef
CH.com Junior

i'm busting with a masx
cant really go wrong
can i

x1|worthing|England|europe|172|244|
Reply #10 - May 1st, 2017 at 5:33am

Charlie
this saddens me no end I do hope the docs can find a way around this for you
best wishes my friend
Ian

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too bad:)
Ian Howard  
IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #11 - May 2nd, 2017 at 2:23am

My thoughts are with you too Charlie.  Praying for a good outcome.

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #12 - May 2nd, 2017 at 1:02pm

Oh Charlie, this makes me so sad. Cry I love you so much, my friend, and just don't understand why such good people are handed such a shitty hand in life.  Angry

I always hoped that the reason for not seeing you online was because you were out there, enjoying life, with your family and friends. Was not expecting this at all. I can offer you up my love and prayers, but wish I could do more, like wave my wand and make it all disappear.

Big hugs to you, Charlie. I love you...

Smiley mel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Still whining?
Reply #13 - May 3rd, 2017 at 11:31pm

So here you are whining Charlie...I have always taken you for a major wimp. Such a gerly man!...Never heard you talk about yer Clusters....Always the big ass supporter....Yes we all love yer big Teddy Bear Ass. A gentle voice of reason when Jonny and I were kicking ass....If I had the world to give...I'd take yer pain away...even have a KIP 10 Cluster for you if it could give you peace...thats how much me and the old farts love you....Walk in the Sunshine...Den

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #14 - May 6th, 2017 at 9:58pm

Sir Charles, (MOC)

This is deeply saddening to me. Like Mel, I assumed that you weren't here for other reasons than another battle. I wish you the strength, courage and wisdom to move forward in the best way possible.

Marc
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2017 at 10:02pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #15 - May 7th, 2017 at 5:42pm

Can't think of much to say that others haven't said, other than to say that you have given much to others here over the years, and we love and value your humor, your friendship, and your ever-present good will.

All my very best to you, my friend.

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #16 - May 22nd, 2017 at 3:50pm

Charlie
Love and prayers is what I'm sending to you and my heart. If you only had an inkling of how much you are loved by those who've known you all these years... well, you are VERY much loved.

You know if you need anything... all you have to do is put your lips together and whistle.. we're hear for you and we're family and that's what families do.

Big hugs (and in Texas what other kind do we have?) going out to you. I love you so very much..  Kiss Kiss Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

shawnn
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #17 - May 22nd, 2017 at 3:54pm

I sure don't post like I used to do, Charlie, but for this I'll stop in to say how much I'll miss you.

-Fubar

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #18 - May 22nd, 2017 at 5:05pm

Charlie: it has been a long time since I've written here. Cancer sucks. I'm praying for you and will continue to do so. Cluster hugs from. Ohio.

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #19 - May 22nd, 2017 at 7:42pm

I could never see how the "MOC" fit such a charming and giving individual!  You are one of the many wonderful people that I have been pleased to meet, in person, and call a friend.  My prayers and love go out to you, "Mean Ole Charlie"!

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #20 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 11:57am

Charlie, dear friend, I just learned of this today. I want you to know that although you're always in my prayers I will continue to do so with even more determination. I love you brother. Stay strong. Lotsa love and hugs, nani

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #21 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 2:13am

Charlie, I've not been on here much of late, and I did not see this until this morning. I'm so sorry to hear this, my friend. As others have said, you have been a rock in this sometimes shaky place. You've always had a voice of reason, even when you disagreed with one of us over something or another that really isn't all that important in the whole scheme of things. It is one of my regrets that I never got the opportunity to meet you. I had hoped to catch a load going in your general direction when I was driving over the road, but never could. Know this, if you know nothing else. You, my friend, are loved. I'll never forget your circulatory method of dealing with CH, even if I couldn't get it to work for me, and I'll be forever grateful for your constant encouragement and support.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #22 - Jun 30th, 2017 at 9:56pm

I'm sorry to hear this, Charlie.  <3

IP Logged

Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus

Gone and Sadly Forgotten

Dallas|Texas
Reply #23 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 9:09pm

I just read on Facebook that Charlie passed away. 

So very sad to hear this.

Rest in peace, Charlie.  I love you.

“Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.”
~Mother Teresa
smileyone1968@yahoo.com 1341+East+Park+Drive  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!