Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UGH Im Back! (Read 1045 times)
Nick J
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

UGH Im Back!
May 1st, 2017 at 5:43pm

Hey yall,

Well wish I was here under different circumstances but oh well.....

My story:
My name is Nick, please accept my apologies, I was on this site before but it was 12 years ago (yes 12) and I have forgotten my login and email used.  So I created another account.

Anyways, those evil things are back.  Last time (like I said 12 years ago) they lasted a little less than a month and poof.....gone!  Or so I thought, now they are back but on the other side!  They have been going on for just about 4-5 weeks now I guess.  Was (and am still) hoping I was near then end as I did not have one from Sat afternoon until Sun eve but then got hit with one like a ton of bricks.....like it was laughing at me!  UGHHHHHHH! 

These things are so weird, zero rhyme or reason this time around.  Last time they came like clockwork, once a day between 1-3:00pm for a month on the left side.  This time its quite different.  My danger times are now 12:00-5:00pm (usually 2 #4-6 pain level during this period) then I have another 2 (usually) between 3-7am (these tend to be worse #7-10 pain level).  This time the pain gradually ramped up as well, at the beginning of this cycle they were pretty mild, now well......pretty rough. 

So finally I am going to the dang doctor tomorrow, Im hoping that he can help a lil bit but he will probably just refer me off. 

All that being said here is what I do when I get hit, honestly it seems to kinda work.  When I feel the shadow I rush to the shower.  I blast hot water (hot as I can get it) on the top of my head on the pulse setting.  Maybe its just distracting me from the true pain but it really does seem to help......  Unfortunately, I work in surgery so if one of these hits during a case I am screwed.  Luckily it has not yet and I have dodged that bullet. 

The only consolidation is when they quit and I open my eyes I feel euphoric.......till it begins again!  I just keep praying and telling myself "its all in your head" (bad joke)! 

Thanks for reading and hang in there!!!!!!! 
-NJ

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: UGH Im Back!
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2017 at 7:24am

Hey Nick,

Welcome back and sorry it had to be this way...  We know what you're going through and the good news is, it doesn't need to be that way...

It turns out there's a good answer for the rhyme and reason why the CH beast comes out of nowhere and jumps ugly with a stinging head-banger...  You're more than likely vitamin D3 deficient.

When you see your doctor, ask for the lab test of your 25(OH)D.  This is the first metabolite of vitamin D3 that is used to  measure your vitamin D3 status.

If your doctor gives you any static, tell him/her you've been taking large doses of vitamin D3...  While there is presently no supporting rationale to cover the expense of this lab test for cluster headache, there is for possible Hypervitaminosis D... (Too much vitamin D)  So... It's a little white lie, but it will make sure your insurance covers this lab test so its expense doesn't come out of your pocket...

Data I've collected from over 600 CHers who are taking the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3, Omega-3 fish oil and the vitamin D3 cofactors is conclusive.  All these CHers who went in for the 25(OH)D lab test had their results come back less than 42 ng/mL.   The actual statistics from the ongoing survey of 187 CHers taking this regimen... Mean baseline serum 25(OH)D concentration before starting this regimen was 22.8 ng/mL Standard Deviation 9.2, and Min-Max [4-41]  That indicates nearly all were vitamin D3 insufficient/deficient... 

80 to 90% of the CHers who start this regimen experience a significant reduction in the frequency, severity and duration of their CH from 3 CH/day down to 3 CH/week in the first 30 days... most within the first week... Between 50 and 70% experience a complete cessation of their CH symptoms in the first 30 days.

You can download the latest version of the anti-inflammatory regimen CH preventative treatment protocol at the following link.  Be sure to share a copy with your PCP or neurologist...  That way you're both singing from the same sheet music about treating your CH. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

You can also scan the following QR code with your smart phone and it will download a pdf copy of the treatment protocol to your phone.  The QR Scanner app is free.  It takes less than 10 seconds to download and install.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If you follow the suggested course of action in this treatment protocol, I'm confident you'll be right as rain in short order having sent the CH beast running and out of your life.

If you think I'm blowing smoke, check out some posts by fellow CHers who have started this regimen at the following links...  There are hundreds more like this.

The "Go To" link with info on all the anti-inflammatory supplements, their doses, drug interactions and contraindications can be found on page 1 of the following link:

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2017 at 7:38am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!