Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New member, 8 year sufferer (Read 2123 times)
Arachnikon
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New member, 8 year sufferer
Jun 5th, 2017 at 5:42pm

Hi all, Ive been having cluster headaches for around 8years now. Usually in the evenings in spring. I have had a couple during the fall, but only the first time I gave quitting smoking a good college try. The attacks generally last for a few hours, with pain intervals of about a half hour. I've decided to look for peers in this issue now because for the last year or so I haven't had any, but just this past weekend they have started up again. I can tell when they are going to come on by a dull ache throughout the day starting about noon time, right in behind my right eye. Through the research I have done I have come across the fact that the trigeminal nerve might have something to do with them, I have another issue that the trigeminal nerve causes as well. Sun sneezes. Is there anyone else out there that has both? 

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: New member, 8 year sufferer
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 10:46pm

G'day Arachnikon, welcome, and certainly I get both. I haven't a shred of evidence to say they're related but I'll never be talked out of believing they are.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:29pm

I have sun sneezing I remember back to my childhood and clusters for six or so years...

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 7:44pm

What is a sun sneeze?

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 8:51pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 2:16am

CDog wrote on Jun 6th, 2017 at 8:51pm:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Thank you CDog, I'd never heard of it.

The trigemenial nerve is no doubt involved in it, just like it is with CH, with branches going to the area around the eyes and the nose (plus others). But as to what the connection is, I'm not sure where to start. It may also just be coincidence that some people which CH also sun sneeze.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!